"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, March 8, 2010

Flubber

So somehow over the past year, I have managed to gain back the 25lbs I lost... plus another 5.  It really stinks to see how my body has changed and how all of my progress has been lost.  I feel like a big life-sized piece of flubber :P.  My only excuses are that I've been lazy, I've been drinking soda nearly every day and snacking on anything I want, and life has been busy and stressful (same as always).  When I look at those excuses, none of them seem legitimate enough to justify 30 pounds!!!  So I'm starting to make some changes. 

I joined a gym in January and was doing good at going there 3 or more times per week, but then the gym closed.  So I've been trying to figure out what to do since then... and I finally figured it out (I think).  I bought a DVD set with Kettlebell workouts and so far I've only done the introduction, but it looks like it'll be a lot of fun... and I can do it BAREFOOT!!!  How cool is that? :)  If you know me personally, you should know that I'm not a fan of wearing shoes (unless they're really cute ones), so this is perfect for me :).  Along with kettlebells, I'm going to TRY to go on a 30 minute walk 3 or 4 times per week and I'm also trying to change my diet (a little at a time).  I really want to drop those 30 pounds again before I go back home for Ethan's graduation.  I really hate being defeated, so I need to stay focused and not let the enemy get an inch up on me.  I know he'll say it's too hard and that i'll never reach my goals... and that i'll just gain it back, but I really want to pound on him, ya know? 

Anyway, I'm going to take it one step at a time... starting with the things above. 

I've been sick and currently have a sinus infection and I finally gave in and made a doctor's appointment.  The main reason why I didn't want to call and schedule it is because I don't want them to weigh me.  That's the thing I'm most terrified of when going to the doctor!  It's been like this for the past 4 years :P.  I need to do something about my body and get over it :P.

Oh, and one VERY motivating factor is that Jason says he won't start trying to have kids until I'm healthy... and he didn't say it in a bad way, he's just worried about me and wants me to be happy with myself first.  Makes sense.  Bring on the babies!  I'm gonna do this :).  Any advice/suggestions/encouragement is welcome :).

No comments: