It has been 11 sad days since Magnum died. Jason and I have slowly started to move on, though, and we're currently in the process of trying to decide what to do next. We have talked about having a baby and while we're still a ways off from that step, at least we've started talking about it :). We've also talked about getting another puppy or trying to rescue a dog... but for now, we're content with just being "Jason and Lexie".
While I'm still sad about Magnum and honestly, I still get choked up at times thinking about him, Jason and I have gotten closer in the past week and a half. We've been talking and laughing together... spending more time together... and we're genuinely happy. There is something missing since Magnum passed... he was our friend, my bodyguard, our snuggler... but we still have each other :). There will always be a soft spot in my heart for our puppy. He was such a great (and very smart!) dog.
Since it has been hard for me to get motivated to go on walks in our neighborhood (without Magnum), I've decided to look into a gym membership again. I'll probably be signing up for one tomorrow and hopefully that will put me back on the road to getting healthy and losing weight. I'm also currently participating in our church-wide fasting. I'm praying that this fast will bring about great things for our church and for me/us personally. By "great things", I'm referring to paying off debt, getting healthy, Mary Kay success, and guidance for our future (and anything else God wants to do!).
God always knows what He's doing and what we need. We just have to keep trusting Him. Has He ever steered us wrong? :)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment