"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas!

Hey everyone, I'm actually posting and it hasn't even been a month since my last entry!  Impressive! ;)  Lots of stuff has been going on (as usual) the past few weeks, but I think about posting on here a lot :).  I don't know if anyone actually reads this anymore, but just in case someone does, I'll try to entertain you.

I'm so excited because this Christmas, Jason and I actually have our own house to celebrate it in!  We had huge plans for decorating, but last week (when we started seriously thinking about it) we realized that we couldn't wrap garland around the stair rails, because Magnum would eat it.  And we're wondering what we should do for the tree, because we don't want Magnum to try eating glass ornaments... or trying to pull the tree over.  So we're going to have to be fairly conservative inside this year, but we do have some ideas :).

We got our tree (our first tree!!!) on Saturday and it's a 9.5' Leyland Cypress.  It looks pretty and bushy, but it doesn't have that yummy Christmas pine scent.  Oh well.  Now we know for next year :).  It will make a very pretty and picturesque Christmas tree :).  We're going to put the lights on it tonight (colored twinkle lights) and I need to get some plastic ornaments to hang on the top 3/4 of the tree.  We also need a cheap tree skirt and I'm trying to figure out how we're going to keep our stockings from getting eaten off of the fireplace.  I can't wait until Magnum transitions from puppy into dog and hopefully settles down a bit!  He has gotten better with some things, but still likes to destroy certain expensive items :P. 

Outside, we ("we" as in Jason) hung up icicle lights on the front of the house and put some white lights on our magnolia tree.  We also ordered a wreath from our church youth group, so we will put that on the front door.  We don't have a nativity set or anything, but hey, it's our first year in our house and we're running out of money fast :P.  Everything is looking festive, though, and we're really excited about being blessed with a house that we can decorate :).

It's so hard to believe that we closed on our house on December 30th last year.  This time last year, we were looking at the house and praying for it, believing that this one was "the one"!  I am so thankful that God gave us this house :).  I know that a lot of other people would chalk it up to coincidence or maybe say that "the stars were aligned in their favor", but I know without a doubt that this was all God.  His timing was perfect, His price worked for us, and He knew where we should be :).  I just love it :).

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of our tree and I'll put more pictures up of our decorations and our festive house! :)


I call this the "Griswold family Christmas tree" :D.  I hope you get that reference or we'll need to have a talk ;).


Here is my mighty logger husband.  My dad would be proud, ha :).

No comments: