I've said many times before that I don't make New Year resolutions... I guess I just don't like that word, because probably 1.5% of people who make them break them within the first 2 weeks of the new year. I like to make goals at the beginning of the year (or whenever I feel like it), and try my best to reach them. Since I lost 25 pounds at the beginning of 2009.... only to gain it back +5 more over the next 8 months, I'd like to lose that weight again. Actually, my goal is a bit more ambitious this time. My brother is graduating from high school in June and I'll be going there.... 9 years after my graduation, so it's practically a high school reunion (eek!). My goal is to lose 10 pounds each month through June, for at least 60 pounds (obminously). That sounds like a pretty big goal, but I'm stubborn enough and I know that I can accomplish it. I just have to act on it :P. That's the hard part. Jason helps when he can, but you know how women get when "encouraged" to work out. It helps, but it doesn't ;). Anyway... other than that, here are my other goals:
~ read at least one book per month
~ read the Bible from beginning to end
~ talk Jason into starting a family :D... hehehe...
~ paint at least 3 of the rooms in our house
~ start sewing again, so that I can make another quilt
~ put some pictures up in our house so that it doesn't look like an apartment
~ Expanding my Mary Kay customer base and having a successful business :)
I know that our "married goals" are probably mostly financial... basically just knocking out some debt and saving some money. It would also be nice to maintain a clean house and do some landscaping outside... or at least pulling a couple weeds :). I'll start small ;).
What are your goals for the new year?
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Great goals, Lex!...I am sure you will reach each one!...Can not wait to see you in June too!...I bought a Chronological one year bible last year...I LOVE IT! I can not tell you how much more I have learned with it all being in order!..It is so much easier to put it into "real life" day to day living!..You MUST get one!..oxoxoxo
Happy new year...Oh, and I am still working on becoming a size 14 this year..maybe we can bulster each other in the weight loss area! ????
Post a Comment