"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, November 13, 2009

Crafts!

Apparently I have been suppressing a certain aspect of my life for the past 6+ months, because when I went to Tuesday Morning, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's after work yesterday, my eyes glazed over and I felt like I was hypnotized or something.  I've never been hypnotized, but I imagine that's what it would be like :D. 

They had unpainted ceramic Christmas ornaments that I wanted to buy, along with paint and brushes, because I did that as a hobby in high school and would LOVE to do it again!  They had empty Christmas tins that I bought to put goodies in.  They also had miniature ceramic bread pans that I'll make bread in and give away as presents (they're so cute!).  I also got some holiday recipe cards and really wanted to buy cookie cutters and lots of other things, but I had to control myself.

I haven't embroidered, painted, (digital) scrapbooked in months and I really miss it.  I think I need to spend less time doing other (unproductive) things and start working on my quilts and other crafty stuff :).  I'm always into cooking and baking, so that's not going to be put on the back burner (get it? that was an unintended pun :D), but I definitely have time to embroider instead of watching tv or playing Farmville ;).

I'll try to get back on the craft wagon and let you know what projects I start working on :).

Hope you all are having a great November (can't believe it's November!!!) and I'll try to post again soon :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lex...I try never to go to one of those places...They are a source of most frustration for me..CAUSE I want EVERYTHING!...Yes get your crafting juices flowing and get to work..and YES you can do it while wating t.v byt maybe not farmville..BUT DONT YOU STOP!....ooxoxoxooxoxoxo