"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Neglected Blog

I'm sorry that it's been such a long time since I last posted.  Things have been really busy in the Snooks household.  I've been trying to accept that that will probably never change and actually, that things will probably just get busier, but it's still hard to wrap my head around everything that's going on.  For the most part, work and church have been taking up most of our time.  Even with the "recession", I have had no shortage of work at my job, which is a blessing, but it can be stressful!  The pile of work never seems to get smaller, no matter how hard I work on it.  I'm really trying to live/work by Colossians 3:23-24, which says:


23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.


Most days, I get so tired and my brain just has to take a breather, so I end up checking my email, then facebook, then twitter, then I meander over to Sephora.com, then to youtube, then.... etc. etc.  and I end up surfing the internet instead of doing my work!  I know this is a big reason why I feel like I fall behind on my work, so I'm trying to make a conscious effort to work with all my heart for the Lord!  I know He's watching and I care a lot more about what He thinks of my efforts than my boss ;).


Other than work, we've been very involved in the youth program at church.  Jason and I have been teaching the high school age Sunday school class for the last 2+ years and we've just recently started helping with the youth group on Wednesday nights.  However, the youth group events aren't just limited to Wednesdays... we've had meetings on Saturday mornings, served at a breakfast for new youth group members last Saturday, we have a parent's night coming up, and then a 2-day retreat in November.  I also go to a women's Bible study at the church on Monday nights... hmm... I think that's all :).  As you can see, we've been spending a lot of time there!


Other than work and church, life at home has been pretty busy too.  We've been trying to take Magnum to the dog park every weekend, so that he can get some doggy interaction.  I started selling Mary Kay last week (www.marykay.com/aksnooks), Jason went to Texas 2 weeks ago and then to Mexico last week.  Whenever he's gone, I just get exhausted because I have to take care of Magnum all by myself.  That might not sound like much, but he's a big 100 pound ball of energy!  He takes a lot of work.  Also, when J was in Mexico, I got sick on Tuesday and had to stay home from work (which equals more work to make up).  Then, I had to recover from that and get through the rest of the week with even less energy!!!


I've also been dealing with some emotional stuff - exhaustion, stress, as well as something else that some of you know about ;).  I just feel like weights are being stacked on top of me and it's barely manageable :P.


So basically, I've been exhausted and it's been really hard for me to keep up with everything :).  If anyone has tips that I can use to save my sanity, please please please let me know :).  I'm sorry if it takes me a while to post another update.  It seems like every time I get on here, I talk about the same stuff, so I'm sorry if it bores you :).


Well, I guess that's about it for now.  I'm going to paint my toenails and watch some more football.  Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, not boring...I had hoped you got a pedi/mani???

Sounds like you need to take a long VACA to Eastern Oregon and get some lovin and relaxing done!

I know I know...Wishes..

wish I could help you..I did put a pkg in the mail to you today..hope you love it!. :) Keep searching the truth...and breath ALOT!