"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, August 7, 2009

I hate trying to think of a title for all of my entries. Everytime I go to write a new one, all I can think of is "hmm... well, I've been really busy lately... things have been crazy and hectic..." but I think I've used all of those words way too many times, so I'll try to come up with something a little more creative next time :). Wow, that's a long sentence :D.

Let's see... since my last entry, here is a rundown of what has been going on.

Jason got home really late last Wednesday (& I waited up for him), so on Thursday I was really tired and didn't do a whole lot. Friday was the day we closed our books for July at work.... but that always runs into the next week because of payroll (and because there are only 2 of us doing all of the paperwork), so this Monday through Thursday has been full of paperwork :P. Tuesday I came down with a cold that I think Jason brought with him from Arkansas (dang Arkansasians... Arkansasites? :D). It started in my lungs with a nice wheezing cough and then on Wednesday it had spread into my head. I felt really awful, so I went home at lunchtime and took a nap with Magnum (he's a good snuggler). I came back into work on Thursday even though I felt worse than I had on Wednesday... but today (Friday), I'm feeling much better, other than dealing with a migraine-ish headache in my left temple.

Exciting, huh? Yep. I love getting colds in the summer :P. I'm just glad I'm feeling better, because my family is visiting me NEXT WEEK! Woot! I'm really excited :). I just bought a "triple play" pack from the Atlanta Braves that includes tickets to a game, admission to the GA Aquarium and the World of Coke. They didn't get to see much when they came down for our wedding (things were pretty hectic), so we're going to let them be official tourists this time :). It should be fun... and we have our own house this time, so hopefully they'll feel a little more comfortable :). I'll try to take lots of pictures and post them on here so you can see all the fun we have :D.

This weekend, we have to do the following:
*Find a queen bed for my parents
*Buy pillows (for parents)
*Buy blinds for the guest room
*Fold & put away Mt. Laundry
*Do yardwork and make outside of house presentable

What are your plans for the weekend? Anything fun? :)

No comments: