"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Exhausted!

Work has finally simmered down a little bit, so here I am :). I've hardly had time to breathe the past few days, because it's been so hectic here. On top of that, Jason is in Texas for 2 weeks for work :P. That means I have sole custody of Magnum until he gets back :P. I usually go home at lunch to let him outside and then go home right after work to do the same, but mornings are nice, because Jason usually gets up and lets him out while I'm getting ready for work. Well... I've had to get up earlier to let him out, then feed him, let him out again, etc........ In a nutshell, it has kept me busy and I'm a little short on sleep :P.

Other than that, things are good :). I still love my Ford (and I still can't believe I keep saying that about a Ford). We're learning more about homeownership as spring is winding down. We get to mow the lawn, pull weeds, scoop poop, fix the landscaping, spray for bugs, etc. Lots of fun! It's hard for me to get motivated to do that kind of stuff, though, because I work all week so on the weekends I just want to be lazy, ya know? I'm sure you can all relate :). But I can't just be lazy, because I didn't wash the dishes all week!... or I have to do laundry... or bake something for a get-together... there's always something to do :P. I know some of you have been doing this kind of stuff for decades, so I really shouldn't complain, but I just wish I were more organized and motivated where all of this is concerned.

Does anyone know when Father's Day is? I've started hearing commercials for it on the radio, but I don't know what the date is. I guess I could look it up, but as I said above, I'm feeling lazy.

Ok, I guess that's about all I have to say right now. I gotta get some work done :). Have a great day and leave me some comments! :D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mother's Day is ALWAYS the 2nd Sunday of May.

Father's Day is ALWAYS the 3rd Sunday in June.

This year June 21st is Father's day.

Yes, welcome to the real world my dear..so much to do and so little time! Just enjoy it all as much as you can! :)

Anonymous said...

Finally, a new blog!! Yeeppe!! And because Magnum is going to be such a BIG dog..he's probably gonna poop..human-size poop!! hehehe DISGUSTING..yet hilarious! Luke and I are going to try our best to make it to ya'lls housewarming party!! yayayay for partys! Things here in the Ctown are just beginning to wind (sp) down for us as well..thank you sweet baby Jesus! Oh..and I;m soooo happy you LOVE the Ford! He makes my heart smile!

Brit!

Anonymous said...

I know, being an adult is tiring...thats why we kept trying to get you kids to stay little as long as we could!...Magnum..is so cute! Sorry you are all alone for a bit...you know what they say...Abense makes the heart grow fonder....or some such stuff huh! enjoy...hugs..shi~