"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eyes

I had an eye appointment this morning, because Magnum chewed up my glasses last week. I ended up getting a new pair, which was mostly covered by our insurance (yay!) and I also got my new prescription for contacts, which I'll be ordering online to save more money.

The doctor had to dilate my eyes, which hasn't been done in a couple of years. I forgot how well those drops work on my eyes! You could hardly see any blue at all. I felt like I looked like this fella from Bedtime Stories:



It was really funny... even the girl behind the counter was shocked when she looked at my eyes. She said, "WHOA! Your eyes are REALLY dilated!" It took a while for my eyes to focus after that and I had to wear my sunglasses at work for a few hours. Everyone said I looked "Hollywood glamorous", but I think they were mostly kidding. Hmpf. Anyway, I just had to post this, because I thought it was funny. I was praying that I wouldn't get pulled over on my drive back to work after my appointment, because I probably would've ended up face-down on the pavement in handcuffs! Don't worry, officer... it wasn't LSD... just eyedrops! :D

OH! And my friend Christina had her baby last week, without having to be induced! Yay! Her baby's name is Evangeline Daniella Hoogkamer... very pretty! :) Congrats, Stina! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new glasses and not getting arrested! Way to go...
You will have to send pic's when you get them...the glasses not the contacts..hahahah