"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sick... again

What a lousy morning I had. I woke up at 5:40 and got out of bed to go get ready for the day. I took a few steps toward the bathroom and fell completely on my face. The room was spinning like crazy and it took another few tries to make it into the bathroom. Once I got there, I proceeded to take my shower and every time I closed my eyes (to rinse my hair, etc.), I started swaying and had to brace myself with the shower walls. After about 10 minutes of that fun, I finally threw up in the shower (sorry for the details) and could hardly stand up anymore. But being the stubborn person I am, I still tried putting my make-up on. Finally after I tried flipping my hair over to put a towel on my head (and nearly fell on the floow), I realized I had to lie down again or I was going to throw up. I got back in bed, sent a text to my boss, and fell asleep. I woke up a bunch of times and tried sitting up, but with the same dizzy results, so I stayed in bed until nearly noon. It was then that I was finally able to get out of bed, make myself halfway presentable, and go downstairs to eat some toast.

I got online to webmd to see if my symptoms could point me in the direction of an explanation, but it didn't really help. The only thing I learned was that there's a difference between "dizziness" and "vertigo" and what I had was actually "vertigo"... even though I could've sworn I was dizzy ;). I looked at pregnancy symptoms and those didn't really include dizziness, so I think I'm safe there, but I'll probably take a test anyway :P. I think I'm keeping the pregnancy test companies in business... maybe I'm a little too paranoid :).

Anyway, I didn't trust myself to drive Jason's car to work until after I had 4 pieces of toast and half a cup of coffee in me. My hands were still a bit shaky (I forgot to add that... after throwing up in the shower (again, sorry for TMI) I was all shaky), but I was able to walk around without feeling the need to run for a toilet. Every time I come into work after being sick, my boss says "You're pregnant!" and it has gotten a little old after 3 years of hearing that ;). I got here a little after 2:00, which I think was just about perfect, because I had a few things to do, but definitely not enough to take up 8 hours of my time.

I need to go to Kohl's and Target when I get done here and I would've felt guilty skipping out on work because I didn't feel well... but feeling ok enough to go shopping... :). My conscience is a curse sometimes!

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know what's up. I'm feeling better, but I definitely won't be running around doing jumping jacks and stuff like that tonight. I'm trying to upload another video to youtube, so check that out if you want. My channel is "snookielex" and you can look me up. I probably won't post all my videos here, though, because I don't like looking at myself that much :).

Please pray for my brother, Ethan, if you can. He just went into surgery for his shoulder... I told him I'm praying for him to not have the same reaction to anesthesia that I did. It made me really sick and it was horrible. Thanks a bunch!

Have a great day and I'll try to write another fun post soon... or at least more fun than "vertigo" and throwing up :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better, but mostly I'm glad you didn't vblog the throwing up part! LOL!


RC

Anonymous said...

You're pregnant!! heheh...that would have been the first thing I said when I saw you too!!...and I will be praying for Ethan..hes so young that he should bounce back from this surgery...I think??? But I'm glad you are feeling better! I've had vertigo before, I think, and I remember it being the most confusing thing....I couldnt walk..stand up...just lean...I remember doing exactly what you did...went back to bed...praise the Lord..hehehe LOVE YOU!!

Brit