Ok, I'm going to let the cat out of the bag on what's been going on with me. Over the past few weeks, I've been on a few job interviews and just got word last night that I didn't get the bigger job of the 2 (I withdrew my application from the first one). I was really ok with that when I got the e-mail, because the more I thought about the job, the more I kinda dreaded hearing back from the guy. I guess that was a sign that I didn't really want it, huh :). So when I got that feeling, I started to worry about what I should do if he offered me the job. Should I accept? Should I decline? So I prayed that if I wasn't supposed to have that job, they wouldn't even offer it to me in the first place. That's what happened, so I'm taking that as a very clear answer to my prayer :).
Like I said, I'm ok with not getting the job because I don't know how much I wanted it in the first place. However, last night I started to feel and overwhelming sense of disappointment and failure. I'm sure it's just the enemy coming at me, but it wasn't a good feeling. I started doubting myself and my qualifications... whether I would ever be able to find a job that I feel matches my worth... and I kind-of just settled into a cloud of self-pity for a while. Jason couldn't really do anything to help me, because I was actually comfortable in that place. It was probably a pitiful sight :). Anyway, I'm still in the process of getting out of that "not good enough" mindset, but I'm working on it. The past few years have just been tough because even though I have a job, I want something more. I want to be able to move up in a company and use all my skills. In my mind, I can do anything! I just need to be given the chance. I guess employers don't see that when they look at my resume. I'm not sure what it is, but job hunting has been a very defeating process. Like I said, I feel like I can do anything, but the only jobs I've interviewed for are ones I could probably do in my sleep (no offense to those companies).
I just wanted to air out some of the stuff I've been bottling inside me for the past 6... 8... 15 months :). I know that God has a plan for me (to prosper me and not to harm me! - Jeremiah 29:11) and that there is a time for everything (Ecclesiastes), so I just have to wait until He gives me the "ok". Alright, I think that's all for now. Thanks for listening/reading and please let me know if you have any leads on great jobs in zip codes 30004 or 30041 ;). Have a great weekend!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh no Mrs Snooks! Please don't fall into the 'not good enough' trap. That is TERRIBLE!!!
I thought like that for 10 months and it was awful. I wasn't sure I could get another job after mine ended and I started thinking that I probably wouldn't find one.
You're a sharp lady and I can tell by your past achievments that you're highly motivated. Any company would be lucky to have you!
RC
Hi Lex,
Hey, Sorry your getting the sharp end of satans ability to trod on us! Do Not listen! You asked for God to guide you and He did! Now rest assured that you are in His will, and accepting of His will and go on with the confidence of a Child of God! You are Held and Loved by the Savior! Amen...
Also wanted to thank you for your kinds word to my last posting! I guess we do not realize that you kids ever look back and miss us! Seems like you are out there living your dream and that we not a needed parent anymore...Ya I know wa wa! Love you much, keep doing what you are doing, appearently satan does not liek it or he would not be attacking! hugs Auntie Shi~
Post a Comment