Hey there everyone :). I hope you're all doing well. I'm sorry (Brittany) that I haven't posted since last week, but things have been pretty busy for me.
I've lost approximately 20 pounds since the second week of January and I'm really excited with the way my old clothes are fitting :). I'll try to update on that more often... maybe by doing that, I'll be more motivated to put up big numbers and I'll lose more weight! I had an idea yesterday and I'm still mulling it over, but I wanted to put it on here to see what kind of feedback I'd get. My weight loss goal will take me a long time to reach, but as a "reward"(?), I was thinking that I would get a nice haircut... that might sound a little odd, but I came up with this idea by thinking about Locks of Love. My hair is already down to the middle of my back and by the time I reach my goal, it will probably be another 3-5 inches longer. To donate my hair, I would have to have a minimum of 10 inches cut off, sooo.... that would be a big change for me, but I think I would be ok with that :). Besides, like I told Jason last night, I'll have a "new" body then, so it might be fun to have a new hairdo to go with it! What do you all think? The only thing that I'm not sure about is one of the Locks of Love guidelines for donated hair... it says they don't accept bleached hair, and mine is highlighted, so I'd have to check and see if my highlights contain any kind of bleach. Does peroxide count as bleach? Hmm... I dunno... but either way, I'd still like to do it :).
On to the "health"... I'm wondering if I need to go get some blood work done or something, because I've been getting really bad headaches nearly every day and sometimes it's accompanied by dizziness. It's usually when I'm sitting at my desk at work that I get dizzy, but I did have vertigo pretty bad a few weeks ago. Also, a few times recently, after not eating for a few hours, I start getting the shakes. My hands/fingers start shaking and I usually eat an apple or something to get it to stop. Shi, do you have any expertise on this? I think my blood sugar probably just gets too low or something, but I don't even want to think about the word diabetes. Like I said, I should probably go have some tests done, but I faint when people try taking my blood, so that would not be a pleasant experience for me. I should ask the doctor to give me a sedative before giving any blood and maybe I'll be so 'out of it' that I don't know what's going on, ha :).
Other than all that, things have been good. Like I said earlier, work has been insanely busy for me. For some reason, I was given more work by the other woman in my office and I've been really stressed out trying to catch up on everything I'm behind on. I need to talk to my boss, because I've had a panic attack/nervous breakdown before (a few years ago) and I don't want that to happen because of my workload. I did get abandoned at work today, though, which is a good thing because I didn't have any distractions and I got a lot of stuff done between 3pm-4pm. I wish it was like that every day! Hehe, anyway, please be praying for me to have lots of energy, focus, and stamina.
Also, please continue praying for my friend Jennifer and her husband, Gary. He had a stroke last week and he's only in his mid-30's. He was supposed to go home today, though, which is awesome news, especially considering the fact that they expected him to be at the hospital for months before he'd be able to do anything or go anywhere. It's going to be a long road to recovery for them, so please keep them in your prayers. God is so good! To Him be all the glory :).
Ok, I think that covers everything for now, so I'll wrap this up. Have a great rest of the week (hurry up, Friday!) and I'll be back soon with more ramblings :).
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
i did locks of love when we first moved to Roswell. @ that time Ulta was on their list of places to get a free/discounted hair cut if you donate. AND my hair was also highlighted @ the time. so sounds like you gotta good plan going there :) Go for it!
Hope your health stuff gets all figured out. you might oughta just bite the bullet & do the tests..? just in case?
and..i hope the other stuff all works out nicely. considering God's got your back, i don't see why it wouldn't. :) <3 ya!
Post a Comment