"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have some pictures to post in here, but right now I'm busy baking and getting things ready for Sunday school and Home group tomorrow :). I'll probably take some pictures of my creations too :D. Anyway, I promise I'll try to come back tonight and post the pics. If not, it may have to be tomorrow night... but I'll try!

Just in case I don't make it back, I'll tell you about my V-day. Jason and I celebrated it last night (smaller crowds) by going to Red Robin for dinner (yay!... yes, it was my pick) and then to a movie. He let me pick out which one to watch, so we went to "Confessions of a Shopaholic". Jason was so sweet... he hardly complained at all! :) Oh, and before all that I got a manicure and pedicure :D. There's a place by my work that does a really good job, so I hopped over there after work and they're so pretty! My fingernails are a light pink ("Make Love" by OPI) with sparkles ("Princesses Rule!") on top. My toenails are a beautiful bright fuschia color. I love it! :) Jason's present to me was a Vera Bradley bag (WOOHOO!!!), which I've been asking for since before we got married. He got me a large tote bag in a new-ish blue pattern (which I really liked), but I wanted something more purse-ish instead of beach-bag-ish, so I exchanged it today (with Jason's input). I got the "pinwheel pink" color... I think that's what it's called and the style is the bucket tote (I think). I got pictures of me holding it while wearing a pink cardigan that I haven't been able to wear in 3+ years!!! Wahoo! Speaking of, I weighed in on Friday morning (I have to stop weighing in early) and I was down another 2 pounds this week... that makes a total of 13 :). I'm really happy with the results I'm seeing. Anyway.... gotta go put the cupcakes in the oven! I'll be back to post pictures while they're baking :).

Me with my new bag! My husband is the best :D



My purdy bag:



My purdy toenails:



My fingernails up close:



My nails... they cut them shorter than I wanted, but I like 'em anyway:



I made this just for fun, cuz I bought some avacados (sp?) and couldn't eat them myself:



Here are the cupcake things I made... start with pie crust that you cut into circles with a cup:



Add a tablespoon of jam - I used seedless blackberry - and cover with white cake mix:



Here's the finished product... some frosted, some not. There's a yummy jam filling! :)



I decided to make some coffee cake muffins for our Sunday school class:



Whew! I think that's all. It's almost 11, so I need to go to bed. Have a great night and I'll be back soon :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is making me hungry!! hehe..when am I not hungry??

~ brit