Hey everyone :). I hope you're having a great week so far! I came across an article that I'd like to share with you about Christians who voted for Obama. I don't want to offend anyone, but that whole concept has confused me ever since Obama started campaigning as a "Christian". The author of the article uses the subtitle "The Ultimate Oxymoron" and I completely agree. Anyway, please read the article (if you're interested) and let me know what you think:
"Christian Obama-Voters", The Ultimate Oxymoron
by Steven Crowder
Also, here is one of the comments that was written by a man whose parents were missionaries:
"As an MK, (missionary kid) my parents have worked for Wycliffe Bible Translators for 30 years, and a Christian since I was six years old, I was supremely discouraged when my older brother cast a vote for Obama. My brother is against abortion, he is a family man and has three children and a loving wife. He attends church 2-3 times a week at a southern Baptist church and is involved in the leadership team. Frankly, he couldn’t stand John McCain, neither could I but I was not tempted to vote for the party of death, not for one second. Christians are being drowned out by so called Christians. You know the ones that will say, “Lord. . .Lord and the Lord will say I never knew you, depart from me.” People like Joel Osteen and silly TBN hosts. People who think that Christianity is about your best life now, and living purpose driven lives. Sorry Mr. Warren not saying you are not a Christian, only God knows, but what you preach leads people astray. I do believe my brother, a lawyer, wanted to vote for the first black president. I would have loved to have had an opportunity to vote for a black man for president and reveled in the history of the moment. Unfortunately my conscience would not allow it. I could not vote, and lend my voice to the calls for innocent childrens blood. I do not want to be one who has harmed a child, because it would be better for me if a millstone were hung around my neck and I was thrown into the sea rather than cause one of the little ones to stumble. Obama is no Christian, he understands how important it is to claim to be one, but if he truly was, he couldn’t support what he supports. The problem with modern Christianity is that the mercy of Christ in the New Testament is given too much weight and none of the Old Testament is taken into account. The Old Testament Hand fits perfectly into the New Testament Glove. The entire Bible is relevant to our generation. Unfortunately Sean Penn and Barack Obama and many other lefties and righties are under the judgment of God the Father and Creator of everything. Only Christ can save them, and He is waiting, giving us time to reach out to them and bring them into the fold. God loves us despite what we do, our sin held Him on the cross, and he suffered for every sin ever committed. Embrace Him and walk in peace under the blood of Christ. Pray for Obama, hold him accountable, but pray for him too."
I know that this is a sensitive subject, but I hope that no one gets offended. The article and comment just reflect my opinion on the matter and I found it really interesting that someone actually wrote something about it.
Anyway, I'm still planning on posting some pictures soon... I haven't forgotten! Have a great day :).
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOVE IT. Thanks for sharing.
I, too, don't understand how a christian can support anyone or anything that supports abortion.
Period.
Lex, no offense taken! Thanks for being true to Christ and His word!
Love ya auntie
Post a Comment