"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF!

I'm so glad it's Friday! This has been an interesting week... with not feeling well on Wednesday and almost sleeping in too late this morning. I haven't worked out at all, but I can't really remember what I did with my time at home. Anyway... I'm ready for some nice rest and relaxation this weekend... and my diet cheat day at Chick-fil-a! I might see if Jason wants to go to a movie too, but we can't spend much money with our mortgage payment coming up soon.

I'm going to be changing my blog background tonight, I think. The more I look at my new header, the more I love it, but the background just isn't quite right. I'm going to try a different pattern... one that isn't quite as big and bold. I think it'll turn out nice :D.

I really want to get a dog soon. If I can't have babies yet, I at least want a dog :P. Jason keeps saying that we need to wait, but I think now is as good a time as any! I think he wants to get one from a shelter/rescue place, so maybe I can talk him into visiting one in the next couple of weeks.

We're going to go buy some blinds for a few of our windows tomorrow. One of Jason's family members wrote us a check at our housewarming party last week and gave us a JCPenney catalog where it has them 50% off. We're just going to get 4 to cover the windows on the front of the house (1st floor). I'll feel a lot better about people not being able to look into the house whenever they want :P.

Well, I'm going to get some work done, but have a great weekend and I'll be back soon to fix my background :D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to Chick-Fil-A! Lucky you!!!! I may take my kids there tommorow.

Your new blog header looks great! Font choices and the use of multiple fonts is always tough and you did a FANTASTIC job on the fonts. They look whimsical and fun.

Can I be a total jerk and point something out in the header? The inner card (with the text) seems to be both casting and receiving a shadow from the background. It's not that noticable expect for the lower left corner. In that corner you can't tell if it's supposed to be under the background frame or over it.

Sorry to be critical!! Your design work is outstanding. I rarely critique anyone creative work unless they are really good. Most people do creative things just for fun and I try to encourage them. But when people are highly skilled and talented, I think it does a disservice to them to not point out things like this.

RC