"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 12, 2009

First Project

We had a really busy weekend again, because we unpacked more of our stuff. We had a lot of junk! Papers from 2 years ago and general junk filled one or two garbage bags. And we still have more stuff to go through! I hope this will end soon :P.

On Saturday, we started our first official project in the house :). We painted the half bath on the first floor! Let me see if I can find the color for all you to see... er... I guess I can't right now, but it's a cinnamon brown color. It turned out a little more red than we expected, but we still like it :). We also bought some white paint for the ceiling (they painted the walls and ceilings the same color) and a new TP holder and hand towel holder. I bought a basket today to put the toilet paper and a few magazines in and I'll probably go back to Target tomorrow to get a couple of hand towels :). We still have to paint the ceiling and go over the trim, but it looks really good :). Jason took some pictures, but they're at home, so I'll have to post them tonight. I hope everyone likes it... it's a different color, but I think it looks good :).

Umm... Aunt Shi, what's that book website that you invited me to sign up for? The one where you can pick the books that you own/want and rate them and all that stuff... I wanted to get on there again, but I can't remember what it is! Also, I meant to apologize to you for not calling while we were in Oregon. I meant to, but everything was so chaotic that I forgot... until we were in our hotel in Boise on Christmas night :P. Anyway, I promise that we'll call and get together the next time we come up! :)

I think I only have one more thing to post right now... I started a new "diet" thing last week (I think I posted about it) and when I weighed myself this morning, I had lost..... 3 pounds!!! I was hoping for a "Biggest Loser" number, but 3 pounds is great... especially since I only exercised twice... and I cheated a little bit on Saturday :). I'm really excited about it and my clothes are already becoming loose :). I'll keep you updated on my weekly weigh-ins :).

Have a great day and I'll post those pictures when I get home tonight :).

No comments: