"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I pledge to keep drinking Kool-Aid"

So today is the inauguration of the next President, Barack Hussein Obama (it's my blog, I can write his name how I want). I came across a new website a couple weeks ago called "Big Hollywood". It was set up by Andrew Breitbart as a place where center-right Conservatives from Hollywood (i.e. actors) can go to speak their mind and try to change the way the mainstream media treats (blacklists) actors when they come out of the proverbial closet as a conservative. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, there are great articles every day and I especially want you to look at one that I read this morning.

I Pledge to Ridicule Celebrities Who Refuse to Recognize We Are At War With People Who Want to Kill Them, Too by Andrew Breitbart.

It addresses something that's been bugging me ever since Obama was named the winner of the election. All my liberal "friends" or acquaintances from college immediately started saying how they "hope all Americans can work together now" and "we supported Bush for 8 years, during a time of war, so conservatives need to support Obama now". Uh, excuse me?! Just how exactly did you support Bush? By critiquing and complaining about his every move? By blaming absolutely everything on him? Right. In that case, sure. I'll respect Obama. I will treat Obama with all the respect afforded Bush over the last eight years.

I really hope you will take the time to read this article and even watch the video too (even though, frankly, it made me gag). I also hope you can read some of the comments at the end. They make some really good points. One of my favorites points out how those liberal celebrities apparently couldn't NOT use bottled water or plastic bags when Bush was in office.... or turn their lights off when they weren't in the room (when Bush was in office)... or work to find a cure for Alzheimer's (when Bush was in office)...

It's almost like a switch has gone off for these celebrities (and other liberals). They think "oh! A man I voted for is in office now, so I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure his term is successful... I'll support his decisions in the war, because it's Obama. I'll support his decisions to spend billions of dollars, because it's Obama".

It just doesn't make sense to me.

As I wind this up, though, let me just make one more thing clear. I will be praying for our President. I will pray that the Holy Spirit will be working in his everyday life... in every decision he makes... and that Obama, the self-proclaimed Christian, will look to God for guidance, just as Bush did during his 2 terms in office. I will pray for him to have wisdom and to walk the straight and narrow path. I will pray for him to have compassion for unborn babies (and their stem cells). I will pray for him to make wise personal and professional connections (Bill Ayers, anyone?). I will pray for him to serve his country with a servant's heart, as Palin put it. I will pray for him to not lead us to destruction and for God to keep this country safe from another terrorist attack. I will also pray that he and our liberal congress will make "bi-partisan" decisions.

I will pray. But I won't shy away from pointing out what I disagree with. I've already seen so much hypocrisy since he won the election and it really makes me worry. But I will still pray.

God bless you, President Obama... and may He have a constant presence in your heart. And always remember that God is bigger than you... and He is a jealous God... and He will bring judgment on you and this country. Finally, remember that you, Obama, are not the Savior.

Bring the conviction, Lord.

And thank you, George W. Bush for your service to this country. I pray that you will have a peaceful life outside of the White House.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to quote one of my favorite philosophers ... "Go with Jesus, Brah!" - Dog the Bounty Hunter.


~ Brittany

Unknown said...

Very well said, my dear!

Anonymous said...

Great blog Lexie! That was a very enjoyable read.

I've gotten real tired of the 'I'll support America now' comments from the entertainment media. My inbox gets flooded with things asking me to 'show my support' because evidently if you play a guitar you are a leftist. LOL!

RC

Anonymous said...

I am standing or shall I say kneeling with you...I am so Thankful God holds us in His hands!

GypsyCrafter said...

I agree completely!