"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas and house and stuff!

What a crazy past couple of weeks. I'll try my best to catch everyone up on what we've been doing :).

Two weeks ago (from yesterday), we flew up to Boise, ID and drove 5 hours to get to John Day, OR. It usually only takes 3 hours, but the roads were icy/snowy and our car didn't have very good tires. We got home (my #1 home) and basically hung out with the family until Christmas day. Well... we did go help Ethan feed the cows at grandma's ranch. While we were there, we hooked up an old sled to a 4-wheeler and pulled each other around the field in the snow. It was entertaining... and very cold :). Anyway, our trip was a lot of fun because the whole family was together again and we got to spend some time with each other. The only bad thing was that we had to drive back to Boise on Christmas night, because our flight left at 7:00am the next day. Also, we left our cameras in our rental car, but Enterprise was fantastic and they sent them back to us in 2 days! :D I was freaking out until we got them back, but I should've just trusted that my prayers would be answered. Anywho... um... on to last week:

We got home and didn't really unpack, because our house closing was scheduled for the 30th of December. We went down to Atlanta and it only lasted for about 1.5 hours. We had to sign a lot of papers, but I honestly expected more, so it wasn't too bad :). As soon as we were done there, we moved a load of our stuff to the house :D. We didn't waste any time :). I had to work on the 31st, but Jason had the day off, so he and his brother, dad, mom, and sisters loaded up a trailer and did most of the major moving before I was able to help (darn) ;). Once I got there, I went with Jason and his brother to our storage unit to get the last of our stuff. That only took about 15 minutes to load, so it wasn't bad at all. Unpacking, though, has taken forever!!!

Before I forget, I'm going to slip a little side-story in. We went to a New Year's Eve party at a friend's house down in Atlanta to watch the Georgia Tech bowl game (pathetic). The game got over around 10:45 and even though everyone was sad to see us go, we wanted to be in our house when the clock struck midnight (sounds like Cinderella) :D. We went home, had some pink champagne and Vienna Finger cookies (we were poor) and unpacked more while being really happy in our new house together :).

We both had Thursday and Friday off last week, so we spent pretty much the whole time unpacking our stuff. I was in the kitchen, washing pretty much every dish we own, which took a day and a half. We still have a lot left to unpack, but things are coming along :).

I need to take some more pictures and I'll probably post them on facebook. I have to wait until at least Thursday, though, because we still don't have Internet at the house. We just got cable tv last night and we spent the whole evening glued to the couch :D. I don't know how we lasted almost 6 days without it!

Other than the above, everything is going well for us :). We were worried that we were going to be super poor when we moved in, but somehow our bank account is looking pretty good! We'll be able to pay off our credit cards and possibly buy some more curtains and maybe even some paint! I really want to paint 3 of the rooms downstairs, just to make it a little more "ours" :). We're definitely thanking God for providing and for making our transition as stress-free as possible :).

We haven't met any of our neighbors yet, which has been kinda sad, but I don't really know how all that is supposed to work. I assumed they were supposed to come see us, but maybe not? I know that on the right side, it's an Asian family (that doesn't seem very outgoing) and the other side is a white couple. Not sure if they have kids, but I'm sure we'll find out someday.

Ummmm... I started a new eating program thing over the weekend. Not because of the new year, but because we were in our own house and I can buy the food that I need/want :). We didn't really buy food when we were living with Jason's parents, so I had to eat whatever they had. I'm doing pretty good with it so far, but I have to stay disciplined for a while :). I also need to get back to the gym, but I'm dreading it a little bit since everyone is so "gung-ho" at the beginning of the year. Anywho, I'll try to let you know how all that goes.

I need to start working on a new layout for my page soon... I realize that it's not Christmas anymore, so I guess I can at least change the music. I'm going to need some inspiration for a new design, though. Maybe I'll go with polka dots or something... hm... I'll figure it out :).

Sorry this is so choppy and random... and long. I hope you're all having a blessed 2009 and I hope to hear from all of you soon!

p.s. - here's my new mailing address :)....

Lexie Snooks
2640 Exeter Court
Cumming, GA 30041

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lex,

I am so happy for you! Enjoy the unpacking it part of the "whole package" Can not wait for pic's tho'

on another note...send me ideas on how you change the blog...motiff???

Rest and God Bless...Shi