"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We got the house!!!

Hey everybody :). Most (if not all) of you already know the good news - that Jason and I got the house we were negotiating for. They accepted our offer on Monday, so we signed a contract Monday night and now we're just waiting for them to sign it. Once they do that, we'll go through the process of getting inspections, the appraisal, our mortgage, etc. There's still a lot to do, but we're really excited. In fact, I haven't been able to sleep the past 2 nights, because of my nerves. I guess it's safe to post the listing link now (I don't think I did before...?). We aren't paying as much as it's listed for, so don't pay attention to that. It was originally listed for $289,900 and we got it for over $80,000 less than that :D. God definitely handed this house to us on a platter :).

Anyway, here's the link.

The house is in great shape and it's hardly lived-in at all. The floors are nice, carpet is clean, etc. They painted the Dora room before we looked at it, so there's no more pepto bismol on the walls :P. Basically, everything is a blank canvas for us to do what we want with it. I'm really excited about moving in :). Our closing date is December 30th, so we only have to wait 27 more days! We'll have to have a moving party and recruit some friends to help :). It shouldn't be too bad, though, because over half of our stuff is in a storage unit and it's already packed up. We just have to get all our crap in the basement cleaned up.... that could take some work :).

Other than that, things are pretty good. Georgia Tech beat UGA last Saturday (woot!) and they're going to play in the Chick-fil-a Bowl on December 31st. Jason says we're going to go no matter what :). Also, GT's head coach, Paul Johnson (his first year at Tech) won the ACC Coach of the Year!

I started getting a sore throat last night and today it's worse, but I really really really don't want to go to the doctor. I'm stubborn, but I go there way too often. I wish I had an immune system :-/. If it gets worse, I won't really have a choice, but hopefully it won't.

Welp, I hope you're having a great week! I'll be back soon to keep everyone updated on the house :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT THE HOUSE!! YOU GOT THE HOUSE!! yeepppeee!! God is good...all the time..he put a song of praise in this heart of mine....YOU GOT THE HOUSE!!...and i guess technically so did Jason...

- Anonymous Brittany!! :) :)