Grant Union (my hometown) played Gold Beach and beat them 28-14. They ended the season unbeaten at 13-0 and this is the first time since 1943 (yes, WWII) that we've won the state title. My mom said that Gold Beach's team walked onto the field 2 by 2, strutting and acting really high-and-mighty. It sounds like they have some problems with sportsmanship, especially since their quarterback got kicked out of last week's game for 2 unsportsmanlike conduct calls. The announcers on the radio had nothing but good things to say about our team and they were very impressed with the attitude and hard work the players exhibited. Anyway, here's one picture that turned out really good:
My brother is on the far right, #42.

Here's the video from the website. As the camera scans over the team at about 1:51, you can see my brother, Ethan, in the back with his shirt off (show-off):
| Grant Union defeats Gold Beach 28-14 |
p.s. - if you're wondering what they're doing at the end, allow me to explain. The mascot is the Prospectors (gold miners), so at the end, they swing a pickaxe 3 times and then swish a gold pan. Apparently they thought of it themselves and I think it's pretty cool :).
I'm still waiting for official pictures to be posted so that I can buy some, but they weren't up this morning. If you want the web address let me know and I'll send it to you. The main page is www.4nsp.com and then you have to click on a few other things to get there :). If you know of any other sites, though, please let me know so that I can look!
Yay, Pros! I'm so proud of you :). Well done! :)



2 comments:
YOU GOT THE HOUSE!! YOU GOT THE HOUSE!! yeepppeee!! God is good...all the time..he put a song of praise in this heart of mine....YOU GOT THE HOUSE!!...and i guess technically so did Jason...
AWESOME! I'm so proud of my Alma Matre!
Go PROS!
Hey - who left that comment about the house? POST THE DETAILS GIRL!
Congratulations? yahoo!
Post a Comment