Hey everyone, I'm back! I had a pretty busy week, but it was all lots of fun :). My birthday was on Tuesday, the 25th, and it ranks as one of my top birthdays ever, I think. I'm now 26 years old, which means I'm in my "late 20's"... I've heard it's all downhill from here, but I think I'm ok with that :). Anyway, I had to go to work for a while on Tuesday, but I left early and got to relax for a while. Jason came home early and took me out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (yum!). I got a really yummy dinner that had shrimp with angel hair pasta, tomatoes, mushrooms, arugula (sp?), and a garlic butter sauce. It was divine. I was super stuffed after eating about half of it, but then the Cheesecake Factory crew brought me a fudge sundae and sang "happy birthday" to me, so I humored them and tried to eat some of the sundae. I had to order the cheesecake to-go. Jason gave me my presents when we got home - he gave me an air filter for my car (not really a present, but he bought it so he figured he'd wrap it... funny guy), 2 random movies that were in the clearance section of Best Buy (yes, it does get better), Get Smart (the movie that just came out - hilarious!), and a $100 gift card to Victoria's Secret. It was pretty awesome :). I also got some money from Jason's grandparents (for shoes), some mascara and a pashmina scarf from his mom. Oh, and she also got me a Charlie Brown/Peanuts calendar. Can it get better than that?! I don't think so :).
Thanksgiving was good... we had lots of food and family... not much to say about that ;).
I took Jason's sister, Kimberly, out with me on Friday (yes, Black Friday) to do a little shopping. I figured that if I was going to spend my gift card and birthday money, I was going to do it during some sales! I got 2 bras, a robe, and some 'lip plumper' gloss from VS. I went to DSW (awesome shoe place) and bought me some brown leather mary jane type shoes. Then Kimberly and I went to see Twilight as a matinee. I really enjoyed the movie. I had heard it was corny, which some parts were, but I thought it was good :). It did stray from the book in some parts, which was expected (the book is over 400 pages long), but they did a good job condensing it, I think. And they're going to start filming New Moon soon too! Woot! I'm hoping they do a good job with that movie, because the book is so depressing.... but I have faith in them :).
Umm... let's see... yesterday Georgia Tech beat Georgia in their football game for the first time in 8 years, woot! It was a really fun game to watch. Lots of offense... not much defense, but oh well. GT still got the win :).
AND!!!! My little brother, Ethan, and his football team won the Oregon 3A football State Championship!!! They beat Gold Beach 28-14... I had to listen to the game online, but it was still exciting. I was trying to hear my dad yelling in the background and I think I did... but I'm not 100% positive. My parents are going to buy a dvd of it so that I can watch when we visit for Christmas. I'm also going to look up the pictures and buy some to put on our wall when we get a house. We'll have to make up a "wall of fame" or something cool like that.
Welp, I guess that's all the exciting news for now. Still no bun in the oven. Sorry ;). Have a great rest of the holiday weekend! Christmas will be here before you know it!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
are we exspecting a bun in the oven?
See now aren't you glad we made you read those books! ;-)
Post a Comment