"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back!

I would like to start with an apology to my adoring fans (Brit) for not posting an update earlier. I've been meaning to, but I honestly haven't had any time! I'll try to remember as much as I can from the past week...

Shannon flew in from LA last week and stayed with us while she was here. We went to Melanie's house on Saturday (9/27 - I'm way behind!) and just tried to be there for her for comfort. On Tuesday, we went to the wake/viewing and it was my first... I kept telling people that there was a reason why I hadn't ever been to one before and I hope to never go to another one again. It was nice being there for Melanie and going to show respect for her mom and her family, but it's my belief that once a person is gone, they're gone. Their body is just a shell of their former existence. I enjoyed the slide show that was playing, but I was almost sick at one point, probably for a few reasons (upset, etc.), but I won't go into that further. Anyway, it was nice having Shannon here to catch up, but boy was I tired when she left! I hadn't done that much driving in a long time! :) I dropped her off at the airport, then drove home and fell asleep for about 2 hours :D. I love naps!

Anywho, then on Friday morning, Jason and I drove up to Braselton, GA, where the Petit le Mans race was held. On Friday, there was mostly just small races (Porche, etc.) and the qualifying "race" for the actual race on Saturday for the GT and P classes. We walked around all day and got autographs from the Corvette racing teams, the Panoz team, and Atlantic Champion racing drivers, which included Frankie Muniz! I didn't even recognize him, but after we had walked past him, Jason looked back and said "wait! That sign says Frankie Muniz!" It was funny... but we got his autograph and watched him race (Friday) and saw him in one of the concession tents getting food later. I thought it would be cool to talk to him, but I'd probably end up insulting him because I haven't ever seen any of his movies... mostly because he kind-of annoyed me in the previews :D. Mwahaha... but he looks much better (and grown up) in person.

Saturday, we woke up bright and early and went back to the track for the beginning of the actual race. It started at 11:30, but beforehand we got to walk on the "grid", which is car talk for "track" :). I also ran into one of my bosses before the race, which was kinda cool. Ummm... but anyway, the race started and we spent the duration of the race (9.5 hours) walking around the infield, taking pictures and trying to avoid the sun while watching the race. We got some great pictures! I'm so excited about them... I'm going to blow a few of them up for Christmas presents for Jason. Our favorite car in the race was the Corvette... mmmm... it's the best sounding car out there... it just growls and whenever you hear it coming, I swear the earth trembles :D. It's quite an experience to be there! The Aston Martin and Panoz are close seconds, the Vipers and Ferrari's are probably third place in the sound department. I'll post a few of Jason's pictures :).

This is one of my favorite pictures of the Corvette:


This is a Porsche P2 (Prototype-2) Class car:


Here an Aston Martin:


Here's the Peugot car - we started calling this the Phantom because we couldn't get a good picture of it:


And the Panoz... one of my favorites:


Jason getting autographs from the Corvette team:


And the "esses" - curvy part of the track:


Ok, that's all for now :). I hope they show up ok.

Sunday when we got home from church, I started reading a new book.... and let me start by saying that I'm not a person to follow book fads. Harry Potter, The DaVinci Code, etc... bleh... I'm not into it and it frustrates me to see everyone go crazy about them. However...... there's a series that Jason's little sisters have been crazy about and their mom hasn't screened them yet for her approval, so I thought I would take it upon myself to do my sister-in-law duty and read them for her, just to make sure they're ok. Well, folks... I started reading the book "Twilight" and in the past 2 days, I've read almost 400 pages. Yep, it's that good. I can't put it down! I bring it to work with me and read between invoicing, processing permits, etc. and I keep catching myself holding my breath, smiling a ridiculously goofy smile, chuckling, going "awh!" with a drippy *sigh*, and getting teary-eyed. How pathetic is that?!?! I feel so stupid. But oh well... so far, the book is acceptable for them to read :D. I'm even thinking about taking the older sister (16) to the movie when it comes out. Or maybe I'll see if my friend Ginger wants to go with me :D. Here's what the book looks like, just in case you haven't seen it EVERYWHERE like I have:



It's a human/vampire love story and it's really emotion-packed and interesting. It's very well written :). I recommend it... and will be reading the next books in the series very soon :P. So if you try contacting me anytime in the next few weeks, just know I'm probably reading these books. I hope your feelings won't get hurt if I take longer to reply to you than usual :D. Oh, and I even read it during Heroes last night! It completely stole all of my attention. Craziness.

Hehe, anyway, I think that's about it for now. This week I've actually had work to do, which is good because we had to let 4 employees go last week because of lack of work. I'm really hoping and praying that our company will push through this housing slump :P.

Oh, and no house yet. Still looking. I'll keep you updated :).

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYA!! Your adoring Fan(s) has missed you!! You looked tired too at the visitation. I think it was just a weired,skewed week for all of us. It was really nice of you to let Shan stay with you too! Not seeing her for almost 2 years it was neat how our conversations just fell into place..That's true friend!! Andywho (i got that from you and use it ALL the time when speaking - it always makes people stop and say..what?) hehehe...life is good..!!

Brittany! (the ultimate fan!)

Anonymous said...

It's only been a year since I saw you guys!!! ;-) But I'm glad you had a great time at the show! Lol, I would never have recognized Frankie Muniz either. But I knew it!!!! Twilight is addictive! I've got my sister and my friend Rebecca into them.......lol anyways. miss your face already!

Anonymous said...

HEY LEX!

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK....I'VE BEEN WAITING :o