"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pause???

Just when I thought this week was crazy enough, it got worse. On Tuesday night, a good friend's (also one of my bridesmaids) mom passed away. I'm heartbroken for her, but at the same time I'm really happy because she's probably sitting at the feet of our Lord, singing his praises! How exciting :). Anyway, so this weekend, our little group of friends will have a small "reunion". It will be nice to see everyone, even though it's under sad circumstances. I guess I can kind-of be one of the positive people there, but there's such a fine line that I really don't want to cross over into being disrespectful. *sigh*... anyway...

Tonight has been super busy. I got home from work, ate half of the sandwich I couldn't finish at lunch, started some laundry, started trying to catch up on some work (yes, at home), threw dinner in the oven, folded the clean clothes while watching The Office (yay, it's back!), and now I'm finally in bed. Tomorrow's going to be busy too, because we're closing our books for the month and I'm a little bit behind on my work :P. Also, one of my best friends, Shannon, is flying into Atlanta for the funeral and to just be supportive and she's going to stay with us :). I'm going to pick her up from the airport around midnight tomorrow night... yeek! It's ok, though... I haven't seen her in a year (or more??), so it will be nice to spend some time with her. And she's awesome, so yeah :D. While I was talking to her on the phone last night, I was telling her that she could stay in the guest room upstairs... or if she prefers, she could probably just curl up inbetween Jason and I :D. I guess we should probably start practicing for when we have kids sometime :). Hehe, anyway... I guess that's about it for now.

Oh, right... the title of this post... I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if God had given us a pause button? Then whenever things get a little too crazy or overwhelming, we could push it and time would stand still for just a few minutes, giving us some time to collect our thoughts, breathe, and then move on :). I guess that would kind-of defeat the purpose of dealing with certain things at certain times, but I still think it's a good idea :).

While it's on my mind, is anyone else here a fan of Heroes? What an awesome show! Jason and I started watching it (catching up on Season 1 & 2) at the beginning of the summer and now we're hooked like a fish! We even bought the Season 2 dvd collection so that we could watch the bonus features :D. Does anyone watch The Office or The Biggest Loser either? Those 3 shows are my favorite three basic cable shows right now... House is good too, but I don't get to see it as often. I also enjoy America's Next Top Model, but it has gone downhill the past few years. A lot of the stuff they make the girls do is just ridiculous and degrading, but I still enjoy the pictures :).

Welp, it's waaaaay past my bedtime and I'll probably get in trouble for still being awake, so I'm going to finish this........................ now. Good night :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolensces on your friends Mom. I'm sorry to hear that.

I love your idea of the pause button for life. That would be great!

RC

Anonymous said...

Lex, what am I supposed to do at work if you don't post anything!?? I've read this post everyday this week! hehehe LOVE YOU!

Brittany