"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Update & Biden slip-ups

Happy Wednesday! I know I was going to post over the weekend, but it ended up being much busier than I expected. Jason and I house/dog-sat for some friends and we hosted a church 'home group' on Sunday, which meant we had to clean up the messes we had made on Saturday :P. Umm... we went to the Braves game on Friday with some friends and had a really fun time :). Ooh, and at the game, I saw Brittany!!! For those of you who don't know her, she's one of my best friends and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She lives in Cochran (out in the boonies) and I haven't seen her in a year or so. Anywho, she saw me walking down the sidewalk toward the field and started screaming at me out of her church van. At first, I ignored the yelling, assuming it was for another "Alexis", but then she threw in the "Snooks", so I had to look and then we both went crazy :). Fun times :).

This week at work has been really busy. We're closing our books on Friday for September and a couple of people are gone this week, so I'm having to do some of their work on top of mine... it's been a little stressful. Things at home have been pretty busy too. We're still looking for a house, I have Bible study on Monday nights, every other night I work out when I get home, tonight I have 2 secret shopping assignments, I help cook dinner when I can, I'm way behind on laundry, and Jason is going to South Carolina today for work until Friday. Whew! I'm sure we have lots of stuff to do this weekend too, but I don't even want to start thinking about it yet.

That's about all I have personally. I found some funny (political) stuff to post, so I'll put that below. Have a great day and I'll be back soon!



Since Sarah Palin can't do anything without being slammed by the media or Obama's camp, here are some of Joe Biden's latest mess-ups:

#1 When discussing the financial crisis with Katie Couric, Biden said: "When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed ... He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

#2 In a recent appearance in Ohio, Biden was asked about clean coal energy (something which Barack Obama supports). Biden said, "No coal plants here in America ... Build them, if they're going to build them, over there [in China]. Make them clean ... We're not supporting clean coal."

#3 Barack Obama had to call out his own VP running mate when Biden voiced his opposition to the government bailout of AIG. On the "Today Show," Obama was actually asked why he criticized John McCain for initially opposing a government bailout of AIG when his own VP, Joe Biden, was also speaking out against it. Obama's response, "I think ... that in that situation, I think Joe should have waited, as well."

#4 The Obama campaign caught a lot of flak for airing an ad criticizing John McCain for his inability to use a computer ... something which he cannot do because of difficulties handling a keyboard due to service-related injuries. Biden stepped up and criticized his own campaign saying, "I thought that was terrible by the way ... I didn't know we did it and if I had anything to do with it, we would have never done it." Barack Obama was not too pleased to be called out by his own VP running mate.

Ok, number one is cracking me up, because television wasn't really around much in the US until the mid- to late 1930's. Also, Herbert Hoover was in office in 1929, when the stock market crashed, until 1932-33 when FDR took over. Yes, FDR did create the New Deal to help boost the economy, but that was long after the stock market crashed. Funny :D.

Number two is also hilarious, because Obama supports clean coal. Biden kicked himself with that one.

Number three is funny because it would probably be a good idea for Biden and Obama to be on the same page BEFORE they start campaigning together. Just an idea ;).

Number four... well, I think it was very respectable of Biden to step up and support McCain in that area. I think it was childish and just plain wrong for Obama to attack McCain because he CAN'T use a computer. Notice how I said "can't"... it's physically hard for him to do because of his POW injuries.


Okie dokie, that's all. Have a good one :).

No comments: