"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, September 12, 2008

Good news and... not as good news

I forgot to add some good news to my last post... Jason got a raise! I'm really proud of him and very thankful for another blessing :). Every little bit helps, so this is really good... especially since we're looking for a house :).

My next bit of good news is this: the house we were/are going to put an offer on is a foreclosure, which means it's relatively cheap. We went to go look at it again yesterday with our realtor and Jason's dad and grandpa. They both really liked the house, so I think that means we have their approval. It's not under contract or anything, so we're going to put an offer on it this weekend, I think.

The not so good news is... it's owned by a certain bank that's notorious for not responding to offers or interested parties. There have been 3 offers on the house - one that was withdrawn after 4 months of not hearing from the bank, one that was withdrawn after 3 months, and the current offer on the house has been on it for 4 weeks and they haven't gotten a response. We're going to put an offer on the house because we still have a couple of months to wait, so hopefully we'll hear back from them eventually. Our realtor is going to do some digging and see if he can contact their attorney or anyone else that can help us. Yet again, I'll keep you updated :).

In the meantime, we'll continue looking at houses. We might put an offer on another house, but we haven't quite made that decision yet. Everything's still up in the air. I'll be so happy when things fall into place. I'm looking forward to being on our own again :).

We're taking a break from a lot of stuff this weekend so that we can catch up on R&R. I think I might do a lot of cleaning, though, and maybe work on some embroidering &/or computer graphic stuff. I just might make myself a new blog layout! Woo hoo! I finally figured out how to do it :).

Have a great weekend and I'll try to post again soon....

I haven't forgotten about the rest of our Oregon pictures... er... ok, I have (a month later), but I finally remembered. I'll try to upload those this weekend :).

No comments: