Ok, I'm sorry, but I can't help myself... I have to post this. I have been hearing about this issue (as relating to Obama) for months and every time I hear it, it upsets me more.
First of all, Obama talks about babies (to unwed/minor girls) as being "punishment". Well... if you mean, "my daughter slept around in college and got pregnant", then yes, it would be a consequence of their actions. But I won't go into that... I have yet to hear Obama talk about personal responsibility or accountability. I guess that's too much to expect from him. Anyway, here's what he said:
"Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby. I don’t want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn’t make sense to not give them information."
How about you teach them abstinence?? Oh right, that would infringe on their rights and freedom as MINORS?!?! Ugh. I don't understand.
Here's an article that talks about the Born Alive Infant Protection Act and why Obama voted against it so many times. I don't really know if the title fits, but the article is good.
Why Jesus would not vote for Barack Obama
And just for the record, Jesus loves Obama, but I think most of Obama's beliefs and statements are frowned upon by Him (God/Jesus). He's so concerned about pleasing his party and being politically correct that he abandons the faith that he claims to have, even though the Bible specifically addresses the value of human life (including babies or the liberal term "fetuses"). Animals are treated better than "fetuses", for Pete's sake!
Abortion is an issue I feel very strongly about, so it really makes me angry and sad whenever I hear about things like this.
Oh, and I also oppose abortion in cases of rape. My sister-in-law dated a boy over the summer who was a result of rape. He was adopted by a great Christian family and he's a very sweet person... he knows about his conception, but he talks about it as if it's his testimony. Can someone who's pro-choice look him in the eye and tell him his life isn't worth it? He shouldn't have been given the chance? I can imagine that a raped girl/woman has gone through a horrific experience... one that they don't want to think about for 9 months while something grows inside of them... but it's a baby and it deserves a chance too. While she might not be blessed by the baby, it can definitely bless someone else, given the chance.
*sigh*... well, that's all I have to say about that. I'll try to keep my future posts a little more low-key :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You go girl! I agree with everything you wrote!
I just don't have the balls to post it on my blog.....but I'm getting there! I'm going to post my political ramblings soon. :)
I believe CHOICE come before the pregnancy. You can choose whether you have sex or not. You can choose whether you use birth control or not. You don't wait until after conception to make the choice!
If a pregnancy happens in a case of rape or incest - as horrific as it may be - I truly believe that baby was meant to be. God has a plan for it....and for the mother.
Keep up the the good work posting such great truthful blogging!
Hey you, I thought I'd throw in an slightly opposing view ;) I agree with you to, but my only problem with Sarah Palin is that she wants to do away with abortions of any kind; its kind of scary because that doesn't even protect mothers in times of emergency. Being pro-choice doesn't necessarily mean that your pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice because I want to promote education and contraception so people hopefully won't even have to make that painful choice. I've been reading a book called Peppermint Filled Pinatas by one of the leaders in my church named Eric Bryant (you'd love it!) He was saying that part of the problem is that people can become so affected by politics and push to get anti-abortion laws into effect that they don't give people the time to change either. They hold people to the same standards that they hold themselves which might not be fair. If we aren't careful then we can end up back in the time where women were going into back alleys to get dangerous abortions done, etc..... What do you think?
You make a valid point there, Shan. Here's what I think....
Education and contraception fall into the category of "education"... not under "abortion" policies. I'm all for educating (or scaring, whatever ;)) students in high school - we had to watch STD slides and a pregnancy video in health class... eew... enough to keep me celibate until marriage! ;) Anyway, as Amy said (above), you make a choice BEFORE - whether you sleep with someone or not - but once a child is conceived, I believe it's there for a reason and that God has a plan for all persons affected, including the baby. How's that for a long sentence? :D
Also, Sarah Palin, as VP, can't reverse Roe vs. Wade anyway... especially with a Democratic congress, so I don't see her stance as much of an issue. What I do see as an issue is Obama's voting record on the Born Alive Infant Protection Act - the one he kept from passing in Illinois for years. The way I see it is that he has more of an impact on the issue than Palin does or would.
Yes, she believes in teaching abstinence only, but so did my parents. My sister chose one path and I chose another. We take what we're taught and apply it to our lives. Palin's just taking the high road and saying that abstinence is the safest (and ethical and Biblical) route. I'm sure no major changes will be made on the issue of abortion anytime soon, though, even if she is against every form of abortion. That's just the way our system works, right? ;)
You mentioned that book... well, that's why I write stuff like this in my blog (even if no one reads it). I don't expect everyone (or anyone for that matter) to change their mind on an issue overnight, but I present my argument and hope that people actually give it a second thought.
I know that we have small disagreements on this issue, but I really do feel deep down that every baby is created for a purpose. Psalm 139:13 makes it crystal clear to me where it says: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. That's pretty personal, in my opinion, and means that God takes special time to create everyone. It kills me to think of women taking matters into their own hands to have that gift destroyed, even if it is from a really painful and traumatizing experience. I also personally know women who have had "tubal" pregnancies or other dangerous pregnancies and trusted in God to bring them through. I know not all women have the same belief & support system as women in the church, but still.
Anyway, I'll stop now. I could go on for days, but I'll spare you :). I hope that all makes sense! :D
Post a Comment