"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tanning Bed... gasp!

Good morning :). I know this is an extremely long blog with articles, videos, and my opinion (the best part, right?), but I hope you can take the time to look through the whole thing. Also, I've added a few political polls to the side of my blog... if you get a chance, vote! I'm curious to see what my reader(s?) think :). Alright, on to the fun stuff!....

This is ridiculous... when will Us Weekly give up???



I gotta say, Mike Huckabee's remarks were hilarious :).

Oh, and just for the record, you can get a pretty inexpensive tanning bed... especially if you buy it second-hand. The bulbs are the main thing that cost so much. The electricity isn't really an issue at all either. Oh, and I tan, so I don't see what the big deal is for a public figure to want to look good on tv :P.

Also, please pay attention to what Huckabee says about Obama's tax plan. His tax increases will not only affect the wealthy and large corporations... all of those extra taxes will get passed down to American citizens in the form of higher prices. Basically, when you get down to it, his plan will result in inflation, which is bad for the lower and middle classes. I don't understand why democrats support higher taxes... my father-in-law is an executive at AT&T and his taxes last year were in the 6-digits! It doesn't matter that he's trying to save for retirement, support a family of 6, or pay a mortgage... he makes too much, so he needs to be taxed more. How does that make sense?!?! Jason and I make a decent gross combined income for our age, but I'm almost afraid for us to do much better, because of the amount of taxes we pay already. I don't want to be penalized, at age 26, for making too much money! It's ridiculous. Gah. Anyway... moving on...

Check out this article. McCain is catching a lot of grief over his comments about the economy, but as records show, he tried to fix it 2 years ago:

McCain’s attempt to fix Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac in 2005; Update: Obama can’t get AIG right



Stephen Baldwin is one of my new heroes. His brother Alec is a major liberal, but Stephen became a (born again) Christian and is now a Republican. Below are a couple of videos I've seen of him on Fox News. He seems like a really cool and level-headed guy. I think I just might have to buy his book :D.



No comments: