Friday, July 11, 2008
Nice Surprise!
I just had to post one more entry, because I got a really nice surprise from the owner of the company I work for. I made a "black bottom" cake for another boss's birthday today and brought it into work. We had to eat it before lunch today, because birthday boss had meetings all afternoon. The owner ate 2 pieces, which I thought was hilarious because he's so skinny. He's a HUGE fan of my baking, though. I made a strawberry rhubarb pie this time last year and brought it to work and he complimented me on it for weeks after, saying how awesome it was, "delicious!", "amazing!", "best I've ever had!", etc. Anyway, he keeps coming by my office to tell me how good the cake was and for me to tell Jason how lucky he is because I'm such an amazing baker :D. He came by again about 2 minutes ago and handed me $10. I laughed and asked what it was for and he said it's to offset the cost of making the cake. I really didn't even think about it, but it was really thoughtful of him to do that. He said that he'd really like for me to make another strawberry rhubarb pie and he'll give me another $10. He also asked if I could come to his house a couple times a week to cook for him. Haha :D. I know it wasn't really a serious question, but I know he would've loved it if I had said "ok". Anyway... I just had to tell about it on here, because it made my day :). Maybe I can get him to finance my catering business! :D A ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Catering and the black bottom cake!!! Yay!!!
Post a Comment