"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tired...

I'm so tired of politics. I've been listening to conservative talk radio for the past 2.5 years, which I love to do, but I'm just getting sooooo tired of the liberal agenda. All they can talk about is "change", but what kind of change? How is it going to be accomplished? And at what cost? I don't want to live in a socialist/communist country. If that were the case, I wouldn't be in America, where people can make their own destiny. If we want to be successful, we have all the opportunities in the world to take advantage of! I can go to any doctor I want to and they will care for me. I can get a job and have medical insurance. I can go to school where I want and live where I want. I can own a gun, say what I want, and vote for our country's leadership. I feel extremely safe here, but with the left-winds that are blowing in, I'm extremely worried and to be honest, downright scared! I've been praying about this year's election for a long time and I keep getting a sick feeling in my stomach about what's going to happen. Oh, and let me just say this before anyone accuses me of anything: I have NO problem with having a president of a different race. I could honestly care less. The same applies to gender - the president could be a female... even a non-white female, and that's fine with me.... as long as they stand for the TRUTH. I have so many reservations about Obama and a lot of them come from him swimming around in the grey area. He has changed his positions multiple times, which makes me wonder where does he really stand? Sure, some may say he's eloquent and charming and he can certainly get a crowd excited, but you can't win wars with excitement. You can't protect our borders with excitement. You can't improve the job market with excitement. If he plans on using his speaking skills as a crutch when times get tough (should he be elected president), I think he's going to be sadly disappointed... along with everyone who votes for him.

Watch this video and please tell me what he's saying? I'll even post his transcript:


"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with." Beautiful.

What in the world does that mean? "Wow! Now that's just amazing! What off-the-cuff eloquence! This guy is really sharp. Now we all know why Barack Obama would still vote against the surge ... the troop surge that worked." (Neal Boortz) Anyway, that video makes me so confused... it immediately brings to mind the following:



And now this... It took a mother losing her husband and two sons at the hands of an illegal immigrant for someone to finally get upset about San Francisco's sanctuary city policy. Read this article and let me know what you think. I think it's outrageous, personally.

Again, I'm sorry for a political post, but as I said, I'm just so tired of the media's influence on Americans and how people will blindly choose sides. Please make sure you're informed before you vote in November. Besides the issues I care greatly about (abortion - pro-life, border security, national defense, immigration, healthcare, taxes, etc.), here are the three things I will be looking for from each candidate:

1 - Truth
2 - Personal Responsibility (as it pertains to citizens of the US... and even illegal immigrants)
3 - Accountability (same as above)

I'll leave it at that for now before I go off even more. I could probably write my opinion on this matter all day, but I have to keep this short enough that people will actually read it :).

Have a blessed day and please join with me in praying for our country... I have a feeling we're going to need as much help as we can get...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mrs Snooks!!!!

Great read!!!

RC

Anonymous said...

I had to comment twice because this post rocked so much!

I've read 4 times because I'm so used to reading political columns that are garbage. Your blog post is like an oasis in the desert of liberal spin.

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

You continue to amaze me! You are such an intelligent young christian women! A rare find these days! Tell your hubby he is SO lucky to have you :)

I will remember with you...that...Christ is still on the throne and HE rules! Rest in that and continue to encourage people to pray! It has changed nations....love ya Auntie Shi-