Work has been crazy this week. Since it is hot in Atlanta now (90+ degrees, high humidity), nearly everyone seems to be having problems with their air conditioning! Our phones didn't stop ringing between 7am yesterday and when I left at 4pm. It has been the same today... started at 7 and haven't stopped yet. Sometimes I really just want to yell at the homeowners and tell them to toughen up.
I was raised in a house with no central air. That meant leaving the doors open throughout the night to let the air cool down and then close them at 5 or 6am to keep the cool air inside. We kept the sheer curtains closed to keep the majority of the sun out and we turned our ceiling fans on. If we absolutely couldn't stand it, we'd bring a standing fan in to circulate more air. And please don't tell me "well you lived in Oregon, so it wasn't that hot"... PSSSHHHH!!! and HAHAHA!!! In Eastern Oregon, the summer temps get up to 115 and it's dryer than dry, which is why there are always so many forest fires up there. It's basically a desert climate in the summer. I'd much rather be up there during those hot days than down here in the humidity, but either way you look at it, it's hot.
I can't believe how some people act when they get a little uncomfortable. They always use excuses to try and get us there earlier too, such as "my 300 year old grandma lives with us" or "we have 8 newborn babies here"... everyone has a newborn... how is that possible?! I have no problem with trying to help these people out, but for goodness sake, help yourself out too! Buy a fan! Drink icy drinks! Go to a cool place like the mall, grocery store, etc.! Or hey, maybe a friend's house! You aren't locked up at your house (I assume), so you're not obligated to stay there 24/7. I know there are some exceptions, but people need to develop some common sense. It's way too rare nowadays.
Sorry about that rant. It's been brewing for some time now.
In other news, I went back to Prescriptives yesterday to buy some foundation. The woman working there matched me up with the right color and then she played around with lip gloss and other stuff (just for fun, I guess). It was nice being pampered, though :). And I got a really nice foundation that I like a lot. I also splurged and bought a foundation brush. In the past, I've always used a sponge for my make-up, because I don't like getting it on my fingers. She told me (and I've heard many times before) that a lot of makeup gets wasted that way, because it gets soaked up into the sponge. By using the brush, it uses the whole amount that you put on your face. It's pretty cool. I thought it would be weird - like painting or something - but it was really easy and went on nicely. Now I just have to figure out how and when to clean it. I'm pretty sure I just use my regular cleanser, but I don't know how often. Hmmm... I'll have to look into that :).
Anyway, I hope you're all having a great (and hopefully not too hot) week. Let me know what's up in your neck of the woods (that's country talk for "what's up?") ;). Have a good one!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment