Last Thanksgiving, with a lot of my mom's help, I was able to complete my first major project - a Precious Moments quilt. I think I started sewing the blocks toward the end of high school and I finally got serious about it last summer and ended up with 20+ blocks finished. I'll post some pictures of the final product...
TA-DAAAA!!!!

Here's a closer shot of the middle blocks:

And here's a close detail of one of my favorites - a hobo-ish clown:

Now here's my dilemma... I can't decide what to do next. I absolutely LOVE Peanuts (Charlie Brown) and have been wanting to make a quilt with all the characters and possibly even a short comic strip, but I'm, believe it or not, having trouble finding good enough pictures. What I usually do is find ones from coloring books to trace, but I only have the Charlie Brown Christmas book and there isn't a whole lot of versatility in it. I bought a couple of collectors books to find some stuff in there, but I haven't had time to look at it much. If you know where I can find some coloring books, please hook me up!!!
Here are my other options... I'm still contemplating them. I can do a Mercer Mayer quilt or possibly a "little miss/mr. men" quilt. Here are a couple of examples:
Mercer Mayer is an author of the "little critter" books. My brothers grew up reading them... er... actually, they grew up to my sister, parents, and I reading them to my brothers :). They're great books and the characters are really cute. I'm sure I could find plenty of pictures.

And, of course, just about everyone knows about the "little miss sunshine" type characters.
"Little Miss Sunshine"

"Mr. Happy"

So I guess what I need from you readers is your opinion on what I should try next. I have a stack of Peanuts pictures, but I still need some more. Also, please let me know if you find an online coloring book store or something cool and helpful like that. I will appreciate any feedback! Thanks and have a great weekend!



1 comment:
Ms. Lexie
Would you belive that your Uncle Joe has a bunch of the peanut orig comic books!
When you come up in Aug you could make copies!
He also has family circle ones, about twenty of them! so might think about them too!
I think you should take up counted cross stich! if you love emb you will love it!....take care Auntie Shi-
Post a Comment