"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, May 2, 2008

Seinfeld at the Fox!

Today has started out pretty good :). I came in to a pile of paperwork, but my boss made me feel a little bit better about it..... he came in first thing this morning and said "you look like you have a dirty mind". I had no idea what he was talking about, so all I could do was laugh and say "what makes you say that?" He answered me by asking, "do you like Seinfeld?" I told him yes and he said that he had 2 tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld perform stand-up at the Fox Theatre in downtown Atlanta tonight at 10pm. He couldn't go, because his wife couldn't find a babysitter, so I said "sure!" I'm really excited about it... I've only been to the Fox once and it's a really amazing place. Jason took me to watch The Nutcracker ballet when we were dating and I've wanted to go back ever since. It's a pretty famous place... if you've never heard of it, you should check out the website: The Fabulous Fox Theatre. Anyway, the seats are really good... they're in the Orchestra seating down on the floor, only about 1/4 of the way up. My only concern is that it's at 10pm and Jason and I will be riding MARTA down to it. For those of you who don't know, MARTA is the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority... basically it's public transportation... kinda like an above-ground subway :)... and it can be really creepy at night sometimes. We either take that for about $5 or spend $15 to drive down there and park (plus gas money). Jason used to ride MARTA every day to get to GA Tech for classes, so we should be fine (I'm not trying to worry anyone) :). I just hope we don't run into any pimps or transvestites.....

In other news, Jason bought our plane tickets today for our trip to Oregon in August for my brother Adam's wedding. It's a good thing Jason had so many frequent flier miles! We basically got a free trip :). And we have free hotel nights for when we have to stay in Bend for the rehearsal night and everything. All it should cost us is food and maybe a little gas money. Flying up again for Christmas will be a different story, though. Jason only has about 25,000 more miles and holiday tickets usually take at least 50,000 each. We'll just have to save up until then so that we can fork over the dough.

Either today or next week, I'm going to try talking to my boss about getting some more vacation time. I know a raise is close to impossible, so I'll negotiate other benefits :). Besides, I think having only 1 week (5 days) of vacation time per year is a little unfair. Sure, we get the main holidays off, but I had more than a week of vacation in my first job out of college! I think I'm gonna shoot for another 1.5 weeks and see how he reacts to that. I definitely need at least 2 weeks for our Oregon trips and another few days would be nice, especially if we go to the Petit Le Mans again this October. Anyway, please be praying/wishing me luck so that everything will work out in my favor :).

Alright, I should get back to work. Have a great weekend and I'll be back to post more soon :). Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad I can not go with you!
How fun.. be safe tho'

and do get that 2 week vaca...you deserve it!