"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, May 5, 2008

Good Monday morning, everyone... and happy Cinco de Mayo!... whatever that means ;). Jason and I had a pretty good weekend. The Seinfeld show was a lot of fun and I was surprised by how clean it was. He used a few mild curse words, but he wasn't like other comedians I've heard who drop the f-bomb every other word. It was a really funny show and although the newspaper didn't seem to think quite as highly of it, we enjoyed it :). (The review of the show is at the top of the article).

We had a small fiasco on Saturday. My brother called me and said we bought or plane tickets for the wrong weekend for our trip to Oregon....... because he's getting married on August 16th, not the 9th (like my parents told me). We had to call Delta to try and get them changed without having to pay a huge fee... and we actually got a woman who spoke clear English! It was amazing. Usually when I call Delta customer service, they can't understand me and I can't understand them. Anyway, we explained our situation and she was able to change the dates without charging us anything... whew! Now we just have to book our hotel. Hopefully that'll go a little smoother.

We started a new series for our Sunday school class this (last) weekend... yesterday. It's called "Rooted" and it's basically a course that teaches students how to logically prove Christianity. It starts with Truth and explains how absolute truth is, in fact, correct - there is only one truth, it isn't relative. The next topic is Science, I believe, and he uses science (physics, biology, etc.) to prove Creationism and disprove evolution and the "big bang". There are a couple other topics... one is Ethics, but I can't remember the other. Anyway, it's a really interesting series and really makes sense of a lot of questions that come from the Bible and the Christian faith. I think it'll do the kids a lot of good, especially when they move on to college and are required to take Philosophy/Biology/Ethics, etc. classes. After all, college is a time when most people question their beliefs, so this should keep them grounded. I'll try to find the website for the ministry that put this series together.

Other than all of that, not much happened. I got to take 2 naps yesterday, which was nice. Then Jason and I drove around for a while, since it was so nice out... first in his GTO, then in his dad's '57 MGA. I'll try to find some pictures of that car too :).

I hope you all have a great week! Don't work too hard.... I won't ;).

No comments: