Work today has been insane. It's warming up, so everyone is calling in to get their a/c's checked. It's not even that hot yet, but I guess that doesn't really matter to them. It amazes me how angry people will get when they're a little bit uncomfortable... *sigh*...
The Snooks' kitchen is coming along nicely (and quickly!). I have pictures from the whole process, so I'll try to post them soon... I keep meaning to, but I keep forgetting :P. When I got home last night, the cabinets were all installed, the island was put together, and it looked like they were ready to put the appliances in. I think all that's left is for them to vent the range hood, install the granite countertops, appliances (hopefully today), tile backsplash, cabinet trim, and just a few other finishing touches with paint, lights, etc. It sounds like kind-of a lot when I write it out like that, but they've done quite a bit of work in there already. I think it's going to look pretty nice when it's done :). It makes me want a house of my own to fix up! I'm sure that'll change once I actually get a house, though ;).
I saw my first scorpion yesterday when I was getting ready for work. It was on the floor in the basement. I freaked out a little, because I was getting dressed in the dark and I could barely see it. I yelled, Jason woke up, then he jumped out of bed and killed it for me. It was probably only about an inch in size, but it was still freaky. The spiders down there are a whole different story... those things are HUGINORMOUS!!! The last one I killed had about a 3" wingspan and that's not exaggerating. Compared to them, killing smaller ones are a walk in the park, but I still tiptoe around the bathroom... and pretty much everywhere else in the basement, just because I don't want to get close to one. I think they're wolf spiders and I don't know where they come from, but I really hope they don't crawl into our stuff in boxes and come to our house with us. Bleh... *shudder*.
Well, I apologize for a not-so-interesting post, but it's about all I can think of right now. Hope you all have a great day :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hearty Soup Recipe
Ingredients
V-8 Juice-lge container
Frozen Stew Vegetables 1 or 2 pkg
Stew Beef 2-3 lbs.
Frozen Italian Green Beans I pkg
Spring Water 2@ 8 oz bottles
Bay Laurel leaves 3
Place frozen vegetables in soup pan and pour in V-8 juiice with medium heat on
burner. If you wish to add water, only use Spring water. Trim any marble from beef and
saute gently in olive oil in fry pan, stirring to keep from overdoing and only brown the outside of the meat. Use just enough oil to keep from burning and then stir into soup.Add in Bay leaves, but be sure to remove them before serving. Warning! Bay leaves are not digestible.!
While soup is simmering stir in 1 tblspb each of basil, oregano, but use salt and pepper to your taste.
Allow soup mix to simmer for at least 2 hrs., stirring often to avoid burning. Depending on size should serve 4-6 persons. If you aren’t planning to eat the next day place portions in freezer bags and freeze until ready.
Potato Salad
Use Idaho or equivalent potatoes- 4 lge
Yellow onion 1-lge
Celery (fresh) 1 stalk
Hard boiled eggs 2
Bay Laurel leaves -3
Basil
Paprika
Salt
Black Pepper
Lemon- 1 sm sliced
Mayonnaise
Mild mustard (optional)
I a lrge saucepan fill 3/4 way with water and add bay leaves and lemon slices.
Then boil peeled potatoes until they are still slightly firm, but not hard.
Warning: Bay leaves are not digestible! Make sure the leaves are removed and discarded, as well as the lemon slices.
Chop up boiled eggs and place in mixing bowl
Finely chop onion and celery and add to mixing bowl. Mix in salt, pepper, paprika
and basil to taste.
Cut boiled poataoes into bite sized portions and add to bowl after allowing them to cool for about 10-15 min.
Spoon out enough mayo to cover salad and if you wish stir in I tblsp mustard for extra flavor and creamy color.Then mix it into salad and place bowl into fridge to chill until ready to serve.
Post a Comment