Jason is in Illinois tonight for work, so I decided I would mosey on over to my blog and post an update :). A lot has been going on over the past month. I've been working on painting the dining room since February and am soooooo close to being finished. It's a cranberry red color and while I do love the color, I am beginning to hate red. It is such a hard color to paint! I even used a tinted primer and it's still hard to get an even coverage. Ugh... it's been very frustrating. I'm determined to finish it before our trip to Oregon, though, so I have a bit of work to do on it this weekend :).
As far as my body goes, I've lost a little weight, but the big change has been a result of going off of my birth control. I was prepared for some of the changes, but others have come in pretty hard. I was prepared to have pregnancy-like symptoms, such as morning sickness, nausea, and fatigue. Those lasted for about a week and then tapered off so that I was feeling normal. My body is functioning normally, which is a huge praise report, because I've read that some women don't ovulate for months or years after going off the pill, but I did about a week and a half after quitting. Praise God!!! I'm so thankful that my body is bouncing back after 4 years of hormones :).
So the side effects that I wasn't really prepared for (even though I read all about them).... emotions and mood swings, holy cow!!! They have been especially bad for the past week or so. They just hit me like a truck. I can nearly cry at the drop of a hat or completely snap at Jason for anything and everything. One minute I'll be happy and the next I'm enraged. It's crazy. I had a slight breakdown yesterday when I was trying to pull the tape off of the walls in the dining room and some of the paint peeled off with it. It was horribly frustrating and I was really really upset :(. When Jason didn't jump up immediately to help me, I got even more upset and started bawling. I gave up and went upstairs to go to bed and couldn't stop crying until I saw that Jason was working on the tape and he gave me a hug. Well... I cried some more when he hugged me, but I was ok after that ;). Now, I'm sitting on the couch watching the Biggest Loser and I keep choking back tears. Gah. Maybe I should take a pregnancy test, lol :).
Anyway, I've just been dealing with a lot of emotions and I wanted to "write" them down and just talk about it a little bit. It's been interesting to say the least ;). I'll try to update this more often. I may just start a new blog, though, since I just feel like things are different than when I started this blog. Maybe I'll come up with a catchy name for a new blog :). I'll let you know :).
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Aww!.. Hang in there Lex!...Maybe you should takt "the Test" before you travel..at least if your were preg it would give you validation to some of the emotions, not that you don't have that already but that you would be having them for a "better" reason!!! It would maybe help to deal with them???
At any rate, we know that the Father does not gives us to much to handle..Don't give in to being angry and hurtfull to others while you are getting the up and downs under control and from the sounds of it, you are making great head way through the changes..talking to other women who understand will help too!
See ya in Oregon soon!...
Now breath in and out..there better? oxoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment