"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Announcement!

No, I'm not pregnant, but I'm really excited about this new turn of events.  I get to go off of birth control in 1 month and 11 days!!!  I'm so excited :D.  I bounced right into work this morning, because I am so happy about quitting this stuff.  I have been on the pill for 4 years and am soooooo ready to quit taking it.  We aren't quite ready to start having kids yet, but I really want to get the hormones out of my system to that when we're ready, I'll be good-to-go.  I'm just really sick of feeling nauseous and sluggish, having to deal with taking the pill every night, etc. etc.  I also don't like the idea of taking hormones.  I've been reading up on some of the side effects of going off of the pill and they don't all sound pleasant, but I'll just deal with it :).  Apparently I can have pregnancy symptoms, headaches, oily (oilier) skin, acne, and worse times of the month, but I'll just have to stock up on acne gel and Advil and hope those do the trick :). 

Yay, I feel free already!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you Lex! Yeah, amazing days ahead..hopefully you will have no side effects..i will be praying for that for you ok..oxoxoxooxox