"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Diet: Day 2

Dieting is so hard. To me, the first week is the hardest because you have to re-train your stomach and mind to operate on a different schedule. You also have to get over withdrawals: soda, sugar, carbs, etc. I get to eat certain carbs on my diet, but when I was on this program earlier this year, I craved pancakes all the time! The past couple of days I've been craving tortilla chips and queso dip :P. I've gotten over the soda/caffeine fairly easily, but I'm going to continue to take precautions (Advil) for the next few days until I know for sure that I'm in the clear.

I tried getting back on the diet last Friday, but then I got home and realized it was Labor Day weekend, which meant 2 barbecues, a dinner party, a fantasy football draft party, and lots of other get-togethers. It just wasn't going to work out. I officially started the program yesterday, September 9, and I did a great job until I got home at 4:30. Then I started getting hungry. I guess that's a good sign, because it means my metabolism was running fast, but I had a hard time controlling it. I ate a couple of little snacks I shouldn't have, but I'm not calling the day a failure. Today my goal is to follow the plan perfectly all day, but that might mean I'll have to take Magnum out for a walk or something as soon as I get home, so as to avoid the cravings :P.

Anyway, I won't post my weight, but I'll try to post weekly weight loss updates. Maybe it'll help me to stay accountable and be more motivated. We'll see :). In the meantime, please pray that I'll get through this first week without any trouble. Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for you lex! I am sugar free and Flour free...I want to lose twenty pounds...By the NEW YEAR!..And I am going to do it!..We have such great strength in Christ...Grab the power and lets enjoy being obediant ok! Love ya..
Oh and you should get the desert book I posted earlier in the spring, sugar, dairy and gluetin free...and it is all delicious...for when you really want a snack that's healthy!