"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, September 4, 2009

Back in the saddle again...

I know that's a pretty old song, but it's been stuck in my head all day! Probably because I keep thinking, "I'm back on the diet again..." and then the song starts playing in my head with those words, ha :).

Anyway, yes, I'm back on the same diet I went on at the beginning of this year (January thru March). I don't know why it took me so long to get motivated again, but I suppose I was just enjoying eating & drinking everything that I wasn't supposed to a bit too much. I got re-addicted to soda (doesn't take much for me), started baking a lot again, ate 'french toast' bagels with 'cinnamon brown sugar' cream cheese every morning for breakfast, and started eating dessert every night after dinner. Oh, and I stopped doing anything active (besides chasing Magnum around the house).

I never really had a problem with food growing up. I was always active with PE class, Weights & Conditioning class, volleyball, basketball, and track. I never had to worry about what I ate until I went to college and realized "hey, this doesn't work quite the same way anymore". I promptly gained 15-20 lbs between my freshman and sophomore year of college. I went on a very strict diet and lost 20lbs in the first 2 months of my sophomore year. However, I got sick and started eating everything again and gained it right back. Then I moved to Georgia, discovered a different breed of food ("Southern") and gained another 20 lbs. Then I got engaged and gained another 10... got married and gained another 20 (I blame Jason). I lost that last 20 lbs at the beginning of this year, but here I am again... I weighed myself this morning and had gained it all back. I'm in it for good now. I'm determined to lose at least 50 lbs before the end of this year. Whew... that sounds tough, but I'm going to try my hardest to kick this wall down that I've been stuck at. Lord, help me!!!

I just have to get through the next 2 weeks, because those were the hardest when I did this back in January. I have major food withdrawals... mainly carbs and sugar. I had dreams about pancakes and waffles!

I'm hoping I can get over my love-hate relationship with food. I need to find a good healthy balance and one that I can be comfortable with. I NEED to lose this weight so that I can feel good about starting a family. I don't want to pack more and more weight onto what I already carry.

So goodbye love handles, rubbing thighs, tight pants, bulging belly, swollen feet, and flapping arms. Hello to the new disciplined, happy, confident (& lighter) me :).

No comments: