"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ignorance is Bliss

I have a quick question for you. If you're a Conservative, like myself, do you ever wonder what liberals are thinking? Or more specificially... do you ever wonder if they know what they're talking about? Do they fully understand the consequences of their decisions and actions? I remember last November right before the election, I listened to a lot of talk radio, read a lot of news, read blogs, etc., so I felt like I was fairly well-informed when it came to political matters. I would see interviews of liberals on tv or talk to them directly about these matters and their answers always baffled me. They always seemed to revolve around the same idea that no matter what Obama did, it would work, because it was Obama. They had an opinion on just about everything, but not much of anything to back it up. They didn't know the "why". This really frustrates me, because I know my position on different issues. Not only that, though, I know WHY I have those positions. I think that's really important... otherwise, you're just kind-of floundering out in the middle of nowhere without a clue of what's going on.

Anyway, if you're like me and have been frustrated about this (for well over a year), I strongly suggest you read this article:
Ignorance is Bliss

Sorry, but I had to condense the title :). I thought that was a brilliant article... and it makes a lot of sense! She also puts things in a funny-yet-ironic light that makes you really think about what she's saying.

I guess that's about it. I just had to share this with you :). Let me know what you think about it.... agree/disagree?

1 comment:

Shan said...

Hey Lady,

If it helps, as a liberal myself, I can tell you that you're not alone. Sometimes that's how I feel when I talk to conservatives. But, there are several of us that don't agree with a lot of the President's policies. I'm a bit skeptical on this stimulus plan, and I don't think it's been thought through or explained well. I don't think this administration has a good handle on foreign policy which was always my biggest concern.

I think that it will always just be that both sides think very differently and always will. There is a lot of blame to go around. We sit in a failing economy because of policies that were instituted first by the Clinton Administration and then by the Bush Administration.

I don't know, but the one thing I will say is that although I think Obama is trying I think he's a little too worried about being everybody's friend.........Also, the one thing we always have in our favor is that with our system if we don't like what's happening we can vote someone else into office the next time.