Just wanted to let all of you women out there know that there's a huge sale going on at New York & Company. I went in there the other day (I think I already posted this) and got a pair of dress pants for $7.99... and they had about 4 racks of them with lots of different styles and colors :). There were more sales throughout the rest of the store as well... 20% off, 30% off, etc. plus $10 off if you spend a certain amount, and so on. If you need some decent dress clothes or even casual wear, go check it out! I love finding deals like this :).
I guess I can post this now... I recently had a job interview, which went great, but it was only a part-time position and paid less than what I was hoping for. Also, they want someone to be able to start working/training next week. I think I was probably the most qualified candidate (they made an almost surprised statement that I have a college degree)... and it sounded like a lot of fun, because it was at a spa, but I just didn't feel right about everything. Jason and I talked about it and so I ended up calling and withdrawing my application. I've never done that before, but it just seemed like the right thing to do. After all, I do have a job right now and there are lots of people out there with no job at all. Sooooo... shyeah. I'm still on the hunt, but I think God has a better plan for me right now, so I'm trying to be patient and see what that is :).
This weekend should be an interesting one. Jason got his headers (car parts) this week and might need my help tomorrow (all day) to install them on his car. It's not the first thing I would choose to do on a weekend, but it's the least I can do because HE FIXED MY CAR!!! Yep, last night he took it on a test drive and it actually runs :). There are a few small issues (gas gauge doesn't work, etc.), but hopefully he can figure those out soon. Saturday night, our friend Josh is going to come over for dinner and then we're going to go see Watchmen. I'm excited about it... I don't really know anything about the story, but it looks like a good movie. I just found out that it's 163 minutes long, though. That might not sound too long in 'minute form', but that means it's about 2.75 hours long! That's like Lord of the Rings!... I think. Anyway... it should be a good weekend and I think it's supposed to be sunny and warm-ish, which is even better :).
Also, Jason brought some good news home the other day... his company is actually giving out bonuses this year! He didn't think they would since the economy is so horrible right now, but praise God! We can actually go buy a new vacuum! We've been needing a new one since before we moved into our house. Our old one doesn't work really at all... it will turn on, but it doesn't clean anything. So... I need your help... what kind of vacuum do you recommend? I know Dyson vacuums are supposed to be really good... we would just have to find one at a good (low) enough price. I need suggestions! :)
Ok, that's all I have for now. Have a great weekend! :)
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey Homefry...
Caution: I've read some of the Watchmen graphic novel..I didnt like it...too much unnessary violence...and mostly against women and children...it's also got a lot of nudity in it so be prepared...I had an oppurtunity to see if openning night and had to turn it down...he's that rough...
LOVE YOU!!~ Brit
Our Dyson is a good vacumn cleaner, but it's very heavy. But as far as cleaning goes, it's outstanding.
We also have an Oreck. It was pricey. It started out working great, but has steadily gone downhill since we bought it. We have the regular service done at Oreck but it's still underperforming. It'd be a nice vacumn cleaner if it was a 1/3 of the price.
RC
Post a Comment