"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, January 30, 2009

Superbowl politics, honors, etc.

This article makes me pretty upset. Since the election of Obama last November, I've been trying to hide from most politics, but I couldn't resist reading this article. The mainstream media is so hypocritical, it's ridiculous. I try to avoid watching the network channels as much as possible (with the exception of a few favorite tv shows throughout the week), but this just... ugh. If I see that PETA commercial at all during the Superbowl, someone's going to get a letter or phonecall. Also, I thought I saw something on tv about there being an exclusive interview with Obama before the Superbowl or during pregame or something. If so, doesn't that fall under the category of "political advocacy or issues"? It's definitely political... and definitely something I do NOT want to watch before the Superbowl. Anyway... here's another link of the article, just in case the first one doesn't work:

NBC Rejects Pro-Life Super Bowl Ad

Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the Superbowl without seeing any political inserts of any kind. I'm excited about watching the pregame, though, because the captain and crew of the US Airways Flight 1549 are going to be "recognized" for their "miracle" landing in the Hudson River a couple of weeks ago. General David Petraeus is going to be honored as well.

I got this picture in my e-mail and it shows what I think was really going on during that flight landing:


Pretty cool, huh? :) I think it's probably pretty accurate :).

Welp, that's all for now. I have 38 more minutes to wait until I can go home for the weekend.....

Have a good one!

No comments: