"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, January 30, 2009

Shopping and other stuff

I've run out of creative blog titles... they were never very creative to begin with, but now I'm just hopeless. I think "what should I write about this time?" and the answer is always either "stuff" or "an update". I should just start putting random words as my title, like "frogs" or "jump rope"... yeah, I just might do that :).

Anyway, today is a good day! It's Friday! Last night, Jason told me "tomorrow is Friday!" and I said "hallelujah!" :). It's been a long and tiresome week, so I'm really looking forward to some R&R.

Yesterday was both a little stressful and a little refreshing at the same time. I'll try to make this as short as possible. A couple of days ago, Jason and I discovered that someone had made 2 purchases from our account (with one of our check card #'s) at www.match.com. I called the bank and they gave me the number to match.com... and after calling them about 8 times, they figured out that the purchase was made through their International Division.... International?!?!?! Yep, someone in a different country was able to use our card # to make purchases. The purchases were refunded the same day they were made, but still... the fact is that they used our card in the first place! Just to be safe, I went to the bank yesterday, closed our current account, and opened a new one. Right now our account is kind-of on hold, but we should be getting new cards and checks soon.

The women at the bank were all extremely helpful and we all laughed at the situation (it is kinda funny, you have to admit). After leaving the bank, I decided I needed to get some bubble bath :D. My skin has been sooooo dry (sandpaper) and I've been wanting to take a hot bath, but I don't want my skin to get more dry... so I went to Bath & Body Works at a fairly new mall-ish place close to our house. I bought some shea butter bubble bath and another kind that smells like orange from their aromatherapy collection ("Optimism")... and a loofah :D.

After leaving B&BW, I noticed that across the parking lot was an Ann Taylor Loft (holla!), so I couldn't resist "just going in to look around". I shouldn't have gone in, because I absolutely LOVE their spring colors! They have some beautiful purples, pinks, greens, blues, etc. All the colors that look good on me! They had a really good sale section, so as I was looking through the sweaters, a saleswoman came up and told me that everything with a sale tag on it was an extra 50% OFF of that sale price!!! I quickly grabbed up 2 cable knit sweaters and a lavender shirt. The sweaters ended up being $12 each and the shirt was $5! Let me repeat... $5!!! I was so excited :D. The sweaters are really pretty and sooo comfortable. They're 3/4 length sleeve, one is a pretty green color and the other is kind-of a violet navy blue... so pretty :). In total, I spent $30 on 3 shirts, so I didn't get in trouble when I told Jason. I think he's realized by now that Ann Taylor Loft shirts are usually more than $30 a piece, so he just sighed and shook his head :D.

Anyway, so yesterday was a good day :). And today is Friday :). And Sunday is the Superbowl, woot! We aren't planning on doing anything big, but at least we'll get to watch it this year :).

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend? I think I might try to get Jason to go to a movie with me. It's been a long time since we last did that.

Welp, that's all I have for now. Have a splendid day and a fantastic weekend! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HEARD ON THE NEWS THAT THE AVRG. PERSON EATS 1200 CAL DURING THE SUPER BOWL! WOW! COME ON OVER LEX YOU CAN GO ON A HIKE WITH UNC & I...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND