"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, April 21, 2008

2008 Update

Hey there everyone (whoever you are). I decided I would move over here from xanga, since I haven't really blogged over there (at least not consistently) for a while. Hopefully this new site and layout will motivate me to update more often :). A lot has been happening in the Snooks household. Jason and I moved in to his parent's basement at the beginning of the year because we hadn't found a house yet. Since we're living there, we decided to save up all our money and pay off some debt..... while still looking for a house :). We've found a couple of possibilities, but our favorite is in a new construction subdivision. If we go with that house, we can personalize everything, which I absolutely love the idea of :). Here's a picture of one of the models... the builder is D.R. Horton and the plan name is the Hatteras II. I'll give more details as we get closer to making a decision :).

Jason is still in love with his GTO and he has been entering it into a lot of car shows and taking it all over the state for drag races. I usually tag along and take pictures or video, but they're usually pretty fun, so I can't complain too much.



Work has been interesting. Three people have left in the last 3 weeks, so I've had to pitch in and help in areas I usually don't even touch. I guess it keeps things interesting, but sometimes it's nice to have a quiet dull job ;).

Jason's parents decided to renovate their kitchen this spring, so for the past couple of weeks, there have been a lot of changes in there! It was demolished on April 10th, I think, and since then the contractor has been doing a lot of rewiring, plumbing work, and gas re-routing. I've been taking pictures of every stage, so I'll have to post some of them as the project progresses. I love all the renovation/house flipping shows on tv, so it's kind-of like having a show of our own :D. I know I'm a dork, but this kind of stuff excites me.

Welp, I guess that's all for now. I hope you're all doing well and that people actually read this ;). I'll have to spread the word...

5 comments:

Cousin Wendy said...

Hey I am so glad you did this, you guys are so blessed to be able to have your debt paid off and get a great start. I love the car and it would be very cool to watch that!!! Love you guys Cousin Wendy

Anonymous said...

I will drop in and see you often!
love to hear and see what you are up to, even tho you are so far away, you are still close to our thoughts :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU LEX! :)

Lex said...

Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy reading everything... I'll apologize in advance for my randomness :). I'll try to post some of Jason's car videos sometime... and I'm working on taking more pictures of us and everything we've been up to :).

Unknown said...

Hey turd, thanks for telling me about your secret online lovefest!

Ok, that's all I've got.