Ok, I need to tell you guys about 2 movies that I recommend you NOT watch.
#1 - Lars and the Real Girl
Ok, this movie is fairly clean (as far as language and content go), but it's more psychologically disturbing than anything. It's a dark/dry comedy about a guy with some psychological issues who buys an "adult doll" and claims that she is his girlfriend. He fully believes this and so his family, after seeking counsel from a friend/therapist, goes along with it and soon after the whole town is treating the doll, Bianca, like a real person. As the movie progresses, Lars starts becoming interested with a girl at his work and loses interest in Bianca. As this happens, in his mind, Bianca becomes sick. The more he likes the "real girl", the worse Bianca's health gets... until ultimately, she dies. Jason and I looked at each other like "what in the world just happened?!?!" because it was so crazy and disturbing. He basically killed off his plastic girlfriend, ha! It sounds like a fairly funny movie, which is what we expected, but it was more weird than anything. So..... I don't recommend you watch this, especially if you have to spend money to see it ;). I grade this: D
#2 - Burn After Reading
I don't recommend this for a number of reasons, not just because it's weird (like "Lars"). There are many instances of adultery in this movie, too many profanities to count, and graphic (violent) content. I thought this movie was supposed to be fairly funny (a comedy?!), but it's really not. The only part that was funny was Brad Pitt's character (a trainer at a gym) being a complete idiot. Other than that, it was pretty disturbing and uncomfortable. They used the F- and S- words all throughout the movie, which was very uncalled for. I hate it when, in movies, they use profanities to fill sentences. Ugh. Anyway, the graphic parts are when a character gets shot in the head and another scene where a man beats another man to death with an axe. Classy. I guess I should've read more about the movie before we put it on our Netflix list, but it really just sounded like a funny movie (and the previews gave no indication of adultery or violence of that extent). I won't be watching this movie ever again and I hope you won't either. I grade this: F------
I'm going to go watch Elizabeth: The Golden Age now (about Queen Elizabeth). I'll let you know what I think of it after :).
Have a good weekend!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Lex,
We started Burn after reading and then stopped it, it was way gross just from the begining, but I have not tried the other...thanks for the warning! Hugs & Blessing...Auntie :)
Post a Comment