"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, November 7, 2008

A quick look back... and updates

Good morning, all! I hope you're doing well. What a crazy week it's been. I've been avoiding thinking and talking about politics (except with my family and Brittany). I prayed about the election a LOT before Tuesday and since then I've either been numb to it or I have an almost eerie sense of peace about everything. It's probably a balance of both :). Anyway... I'm not going to go into my feelings about the results or Mr. Socialist's cabinet member options/choices... I'll save that for another day. Instead, I'd like to post something positive... bear with me.

Over the past 8 years, everything that has gone wrong in the lives of at least half of Americans has been blamed on President Bush (yes, he's still prez for another 70 days). Your ice cream melted? It's Bush's fault. Your cat died? Bush's fault. You bought a house that was way beyond your means and financed it with a horrible mortgage? Bush's fault. He should've known you couldn't afford it. You stubbed your toe? Bush's fault... he made you put your furniture in the wrong place. I could go on and on, but I'll stop before I go too far :D. Anyway, I found this video online and was very pleasantly surprised. Check it out:



On to my updates:
Jason and I are still considering that house I talked about last week. We're going to meet with our realtor this weekend to discuss a few things and possibly put an offer on it. I'm really excited about it :). I'm praying that this will be our house! We've been looking for soooooo long... it would be nice to finally see the fruit of our labor. I'll post a couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure :D. Please be praying for us. We're so close!

Here's the front - it's a 4 bed/2.5 bath on a finished basement:


This is the back of the house - there are stone steps down to a creek surrounded by woods... it's really peaceful :)


I'll let you know what we decide to do.

We're driving to South Carolina today for a drag racing thing Jason's dying to go to. It should be fun... I just hope it doesn't rain or else it'll be a waste of a trip. I'm sure Jason will have me taking videos of the whole thing, so I'll try to post some youtube stuff when we get back :). Please pray for our safety! I always get nervous when he drag races :P.

Have a great weekend! Keep praying for the well-being of our country... and also for our current and future leaders. We need all the help we can get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lex,

Again you amaze me in your abilitie to get the point across, your vision is so beyond your years!

I wanted to invite you to claim Micah 7:7 with my family and few others that I have shared with for the duration of Obama's presidency, and alsolet remember to pray for him, and to READ our BIBLES, america is illit-illireate-ill oh you get it on the word of GOD, we need to step up to the plate and teach CHRIST! love ya...keep up the great work..I am praying for you and Jason! Drive safe tho' no need to put undo pressure on the Angles! hahah

Unknown said...

Awesome house!!!!!!!
You are so lucky to be looking for a home in an area of the country with such beautiful old mansions!