"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, November 14, 2008

It's Friday!

... one of my favorite days of the week :). We have lots of stuff going on this weekend (again), but hopefully it won't be as crazy as the last many weekends. Tonight after work, I'm going to the gym, then home to make cupcakes and cut veggies for the baby shower I'm hosting tomorrow. I also have to get a couple of the games ready. Tomorrow morning, we're going to go look at some more houses at 9am, then immediately afterward, I have to go to church to set up for the shower at 2. I'll probably be there until about 4 and then I get to go home and hopefully relax.

Last weekend was good. We went to Darlington, SC for a drag race thing Jason was doing. Here are a couple of the videos:



Here's his fastest run - I'm running the camera... I told him to cut the part off where I say "yes!", but apparently he didn't... punk:


Here's a video of the two fastest cars there (see the youtube video description):


Jason was recording that last race... he needs to work on his videocamera skills. I guess maybe I should teach him :D. I can't tease him too much, though, because he offered to let me record it and I turned him down. I was pretty tired after standing out in the sun and wind for 8 and a half hours... watching him and the other 40 cars race all day ;). I got a pretty good sunburn from it. My skin has been peeling so I think the worst part is over.

I don't know if I posted a house update recently or not, so I'll just post something quick. We're still interested in the house I posted pictures of, but it has a few pretty big issues, so we're going to go look at other houses this weekend and re-evaluate everything. Please keep praying for us, though. I have a feeling that we're sooooooo close to getting there. I want to be in our own house by the end of 2008, so hopefully we'll be able to make that happen :). I'll send out house-warming party invites as soon as we move in :D.

Welp, I think that's about it for now. Have a great weekend! I'll be back with pictures of the shower, houses, etc. as soon as I can :).

p.s. - I haven't drank any soda in 5 weeks!!!

No comments: