"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend update

This past weekend was a lot less hectic than the previous ones. It started on Friday night with Jason and I going to Mama Fu's for dinner. It's an Asian restaurant, just in case you thought it was a relative or something :). I got the honey chicken with fried rice and Jason got shrimp fried rice. Mine was yummy and I think Jason liked his, so the close to $10 per meal didn't bother us too much (hey, it was kind-of fast food and we're cheap) :P. Anyway, we spent the rest of the night relaxing and then on Saturday we slept in until about 11. We went to look at more houses at 1 and found a couple we like in a new area, but we're going to look at some more this weekend. We're starting to expand our search a little bit - in the price area and age of house. We really need to find a house by the end of the year (for reasons I will not disclose here)... I'll just say that we're ready for a place of our own and I think Jason's family will be happy when we're out on our own again. Ummm... Saturday night I did laundry, we watched football, and I don't remember much else. Sunday we had church, then our church ate at Shane's Rib Shack for lunch, then we went home and I made mini cheesecakes, I went back to church for Girl's Ministries, came home at 6:15, and set everything up really quick for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law's birthday party. Kimberly got a Wii for her birthday, so Jason set it up and just about everyone got to play. Even Jason's grandma and grandpa played against each other in bowling. They were trash talking and it was hilarious :D. I'll post pictures soon. I have Bible study tonight, but hopefully I can play with it tonight when I get home... before Heroes comes on :).

It has gotten colder here, which is nice. I know it's not as cold as Oregon, but it's been in the 40's and 50's in the mornings and then it's been heating up to the 60's during the day. Today it's in the 50's, but I'm still wearing my flip-flops :D. I do have an excuse, though. I have an ingrown toenail and I stubbed another toe last night, so if I want to walk at all, I have to wear flip-flops.

I have a small vent: There must be a fax number that's really similar to my cell phone number, because I keep getting data calls and it's really annoying. I hope I don't get charged for them. Ugh.

Welp, I guess that's all I have for now. I hope you're all doing well and avoiding all the cold/flu/bugs that are going around! I'm starting to get over mine... finally, after over a week :P. Have a good one!

No comments: