"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Friday, August 29, 2008

Yay!

I'm so happy that it's Friday... and especially that it's the Friday of Labor Day weekend. We're probably going to be pretty busy this weekend (I have 2 secret shopper assignments!), but it'll be nice to catch up on sleep and stuff. Since getting back from Oregon, I think our eating and sleeping schedules are back on track, so hopefully having a long weekend of rest will solidify that :).

Yay reason #2!!! I found my ring! Yesterday when I got to work, I noticed that my right pinkie finger felt a little naked and I had no idea where my ring was! Jason gave it to me as a Valentine's Day gift 3 years ago, I think. He said "these are your first diamonds from me" and he was so proud of himself... it was cute :). Anyway, it's a gold band with 3 ruby hearts in the middle and 2 teeny diamonds on the outside of the rubies. I wear it all the time and never ever ever take it off, which is why I was so stinkin confused yesterday. When this ring is on my finger, it doesn't come off... it takes some prying to get it off, so it couldn't have just slipped off. I looked everywhere at work and when I got home I started looking around our room and found it.... in the bed. My best guess is that I had a dream or something and decided I needed to take my ring off. I dunno. It's weird and has me quite confusticated, but I'm so glad I found it! Although if I hadn't found it, I was going to hunt down a new one for Jason to buy me :D. Drats :D.

More and more keeps happening with Jason and I. Since paying off his car, we've saved up close to half of what we were planning on saving in about 1/3 of the time we had planned on it taking us! What a blessing! Also, a job in a different department opened up in Jason's company and he "interviewed" for it last night. It sounds like he'd get a nice little raise right off the bat if he gets it and it should be more beneficial to him in the engineering field. I'm praying that he'll hear good news about it today. Wouldn't that be awesome for him to get a raise right before we buy a house?!?! I'm really excited about it :).

I don't know if I mentioned this or not earlier (I probably did), but our 2 year anniversary is next Tuesday... 2 years!!! I can't believe it's already been that long. In honor of the day, I'll post some of our wedding pictures either over the weekend or early next week. It's been a while since I've seen them, so even if no one else wants to see them, I'll get some enjoyment out of looking at them :). We're probably going to go out for a nice dinner somewhere and then go to a movie. Our gift to each other is going to be tickets to the Petit le Mans race at Road Atlanta. We went to it last year and had so much fun we wanted to go back. I told Jason that he'd better appreciate having a wife that wants tickets to a car race for her anniversary... you can't find women like that just anywhere ;).

To end this post, I want to recommend another blog I found last night. I don't know the woman who writes it, but I loved reading her entries and looking at all of her pictures... her site is: http://momofeleven.blogspot.com/ ... and yes, she has 11 kids! I'll probably add her blog to the list on the right side of my page :).

Have a great Labor Day weekend... be safe and have fun :).

No comments: