"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2 in 1 day!

Yes, folks, I'm writing another blog today. Please try to contain your excitement ;).


Jason and I had a really busy past weekend. It started on Friday after work. I went to Ann Taylor Loft and got some cute sunglasses because I haven't had any for a few years and I think my eyes are getting more sensitive to the sun. I ended up buying 2 pairs and on my way out, I saw a manager wearing some really cute "railroad" pants (blue/white striped with 4 buttons at top), so I asked her about them and she said they were only $15!!! So I bought a pair of those too. I know, I was bad, but I love everything I buy and I needed some new stuff, so it's ok :). Here are the pics of my purchases:




















My pants are darker than the ones in the picture, but they're still super cute.

Anyway, I got home and Jason asked if I wanted to go watch "Get Smart" and I screeched "YES!", so we went :). It was a great movie... we were laughing nearly the entire time. Anne Hathaway was great in it (better than I expected) and Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) was also really good in it. However, the movie would've been nothing without Steve Carell. He's my favorite actor and he was absolutely hilarious! I can't wait until it comes out on dvd so that I can buy it. If you like funny movies with a little bit of mystery and action, I recommend you watch this. I only remember a little cussing (of the s*** variety), but other than that, I think it's pretty clean.


While we were watching the movie, I had a painful incident with my toe, some liquid, and a seat. Someone behind me apparently spilled their drink and it went underneath my seat (unbeknownst to me). I went to boost myself up in my chair by pushing off with my foot and my foot ended up slipping in the liquid and my toe slammed into the seat in front of me. It hurt sooooo bad... I almost started crying. Jason was trying to figure out why I looked the way I did while everyone else was laughing... I finally was able to tell him what happened, but I didn't know the damage until the movie was over. My toe split at the top corner of my nail and was bleeding all over my flip-flop. I don't know what cut it - if it was just the back of the seat or if I hit one of the screw heads that was poking out of the back of the chair. Either way, I figured I should probably get a tetanus shot just to be safe.


Saturday: We headed out in the afternoon over to Braselton for a Year One car show that Jason was going to put his car in. This went from about 5-8, then we drove up to Commerce so that Jason could drag race his car. Lemme see if I can find a good video...



That's Jason racing by himself, just to see how fast he can make it. Sorry about the bad videotaping.... it was dark out and it was hard to focus on his car down the track. Doesn't his car sound nice? He had the mufflers cut out so that it would be louder... go figure ;). It's not quite illegal, but we may have to put on his spare mufflers when he gets the emissions checked. Yes, he has another set of mufflers ;).

Anyway, we didn't get home until about 1:30am and then we had to teach Sunday school after church, so we were pretty tired. I think I'm still recovering. Sunday afternoon I cooked lunch - scalloped potatoes, grilled chicken, and corn on the cob. It was pretty yummy, if I say so myself :).

Yesterday, I went to the doctor during work and got my tetanus shot. He said it might not hurt as bad as the last time (1996), but I think he was lying. It still hurts :P. Oh well... I think I can deal with it. I've had a headache all day, though, so I think I might stay home from the gym and rest. It would probably do me some good to exercise, but I just feel really "blah" today. I hope I'm not coming down with anything :(. Oh, I forgot to mention that I made dinner last night... chicken cordon bleu, one of Jason's and my favorite dishes. It takes quite a while to prepare, but it tastes soooo good. I make a sauce that goes with it and you serve the chicken over angel hair pasta. I should've taken a picture, but by the time it was finished cooking, I was too hungry to think about anything else. I'll try to take one next time.

I think that's about it for now. Things are still the same with our house hunt, jobs, etc. I'll keep you all updated, though :). Have a good one :).

No comments: